Europe vaccinating faster than UK now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
E3cH3maXMAQRgos

Sponsored Links
I just got asked to move my second vaccine forward a month. So don’t think we have any shortages

Sponsored Links
It's good that all countries are accelerating there vaccination programs.

More good news for the UK as well........https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...oronavirus-vaccine-in-record-numbers-12328655

The figures below in the attachment show the weekly ‘Excess Deaths’ (England & Wales only) for the last few months. It’s dropped dramatically since January and apart from week-19 has been consistently –ve since week-10.

The new covid variants are accounting for lots of new cases but the weekly death rates are well below average.

The low ‘Excess Death’ rate is probably?? due a combination of factors;....the effectiveness of the vaccines and the fact that a huge number of elderly people have already died prematurely in 2020 and in the early part of 2021.

upload_2021-6-9_17-3-52.jpeg

The low ‘Excess Death’ rate is probably?? due a combination of factors;....the effectiveness of the vaccines and the fact that a huge number of elderly people have already died prematurely in 2020 and in the early part of 2021.
An effective government policy?
Seed the care homes with Covid?
I don't suppose it was intentional, just incapable.

The figures below in the attachment show the weekly ‘Excess Deaths’ (England & Wales only) for the last few months. It’s dropped dramatically since January and apart from week-19 has been consistently –ve since week-10.

The new covid variants are accounting for lots of new cases but the weekly death rates are well below average.

View attachment 235966

It is such a shame that there is small, but still significant number of people who are totally against being vaccinated. I suspect that when we get the inevitable wave in the Autumn, this will be the cohort that will suffer.

It is such a shame that there is small, but still significant number of people who are totally against being vaccinated. I suspect that when we get the inevitable wave in the Autumn, this will be the cohort that will suffer.
I wouldn't call them significant. I'd call them insignificant.

It's good that all countries are accelerating there vaccination programs.

More good news for the UK as well........https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...oronavirus-vaccine-in-record-numbers-12328655

It is great news -Im pleased for the Eu countries, which for a wile were facing a serious new wave, but they seem to be beyond that now.

It also shows that manufacture in factories in Europe are really ramping up -which is a real sign we are starting to beat the pandemic

I can understand it when you see the odd person in a group without a mask as they may have a genuine reason for not wearing one but last night over Lakeside when I was shopping with Mrs Mottie, we saw several groups of black people walking along and not one in the group had a mask on. When we were in the Levi store, a group of four black 20 somethings came in for a look around, none of them were wearing a mask and I just about paid for my purchase before they got near the till. Mrs Mottie spotted them and told me she would be waiting outside. When I came out, she pointed to the sign at the door saying masks must be worn. I deliberately looked for other non mask wearing people and saw two separate white women not wearing one. Come on though, what’s the chance of seeing groups of four or more where they all have an exemption - especially those groups that are supposedly more at risk? They’re just saying '**** you' to everybody, aren’t they?

I can understand it when you see the odd person in a group without a mask as they may have a genuine reason for not wearing one but last night over Lakeside when I was shopping with Mrs Mottie, we saw several groups of black people walking along and not one in the group had a mask on. When we were in the Levi store, a group of four black 20 somethings came in for a look around, none of them were wearing a mask and I just about paid for my purchase before they got near the till. Mrs Mottie spotted them and told me she would be waiting outside. When I came out, she pointed to the sign at the door saying masks must be worn. I deliberately looked for other non mask wearing people and saw two separate white women not wearing one. Come on though, what’s the chance of seeing groups of four or more where they all have an exemption - especially those groups that are supposedly more at risk? They’re just saying '**** you' to everybody, aren’t they?

Yeah, Im seeing this more often -every time I go to the petrol station there's somebody not wearing a mask.

In the case you highlight, Id say it was everything to do with young men with attitude.

Sponsored Links
Back