European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
You were saying you hoped they fell flat on their faces but your team is one of them!

I dont like that Chelsea are part of this. It was the big 3 that started paying mega bucks Chelsea nearly went tits up trying to keep up.Leeds did go tits up.

I gave up my season ticket in 1998/99 as I didn't like the way football was going...

UEFA made 2.79 billion euros in 2017/18 and accuse this super league of greed. I wonder why they are worried? I have no axe to grind for any horse in this race.

UEFA made 2.79 billion euros in 2017/18 and accuse this super league of greed. I wonder why they are worried? I have no axe to grind for any horse in this race.

I'm not a fan of UEFA They are all greedy bâstards. I can't believe that clubs don't pay for policing. There's too much money in football at thd expense of the football fans. I hope it all goes tits up

Sponsored Links
I’m surprised the Europeans would want any UK teams over there. Oh wait, there’s money involved, isn’t there? See, like I’ve always said, business will always win through all this Europolitics. :whistle:

I think it's a lot of fuss over nothing really, they are private clubs and businesses,

The teams have already said they have no intention of leaving the domestic leagues.

Make no mistake, the English FA, UEFA, FIFA, any other football league authority at local level, is all full of "old boys club" members and they are only after the money too, they are only kicking up a stink because they are being bypassed and know they stand to lose a lot of money.

The fact politicians et Al are getting involved aswell I think is frankly appalling, can do much about school meals or anything else important, but conveniently when there football chums are in trouble suddenly their instantly discussing it in parliament and making threats.

Shame they don't put the same amount of effort into saving the high street (pre-covid), or introducing a fair rent scheme to counteract rent poverty or anything else they have decided it's not for them to discuss as it's a private business matter.

I’m surprised the Europeans would want any UK teams over there. Oh wait, there’s money involved, isn’t there? See, like I’ve always said, business will always win through all this Europolitics. :whistle:

Did footballers get the working access visas that musicians have been complaining about?

That french player Pattini ??? Was president of uefa at one time

was he not caught with his hand in the till ?

mind u he is French :mrgreen:

What exactly is the actual problem? It says they are going to be playing mid-week matches as well as, not instead of, their normal league matches. If people don’t like it, don't go or don't watch the midweek matches.

Did footballers get the working access visas that musicians have been complaining about?
Big Money 'talks'...

It's not exactly as if any of them wouldn't meet the earning threshold :rolleyes:

Besides, the big clubs have 'representative companies'/'associated teams' in the EU...

Of course for lower rated clubs in the UK it is a different matter...

As always the elite benefit whilst the majority suffer!

I think it's a lot of fuss over nothing really, they are private clubs and businesses,

The teams have already said they have no intention of leaving the domestic leagues.

Make no mistake, the English FA, UEFA, FIFA, any other football league authority at local level, is all full of "old boys club" members and they are only after the money too, they are only kicking up a stink because they are being bypassed and know they stand to lose a lot of money.

The fact politicians et Al are getting involved aswell I think is frankly appalling, can do much about school meals or anything else important, but conveniently when there football chums are in trouble suddenly their instantly discussing it in parliament and making threats.

Shame they don't put the same amount of effort into saving the high street (pre-covid), or introducing a fair rent scheme to counteract rent poverty or anything else they have decided it's not for them to discuss as it's a private business matter.

The issue is about sports competion and sports entertainment. When you have a closed league similar to the US franchise model they focus is on Sports entertainment. The pyramid system in football allows teams the hope and glory to one day ascend to the top of the pyramid. What makes sport great is the glory and loss, remove the loss and it becomes hollow.

This affects the Premier League because if teams know that if they are not going to get relegated and have no chance of winning the title then what is the point of playing your best players? It wll dilute the competition.

I don't disagree the authorities are the 'old boys' club but when the authorities tried to modernise they were accused of being woke. They can't win with some people.

The Government is only attaching itself to this issue because of the growing scandal of corruption and handing out PPE contracts with anothe revelation today.

When politics moved into personality, cult and image, policies take second place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back