European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes and here we come. About time we left the clutches of UEFA, finally these clubs can be sovereign and independent once again to play teams from whichever country they want.

Sponsored Links
A very different angle than that being discussed in the secure household tonight.

Our bones of contention.

The clubs have not been fairly chosen based on number of cup winnings over the decades.
They are a self-selecting group who see this as another money making operation.

The people in charge of the league should not be the people in charge of the clubs in that league.

The games should be played in Europe.
Games played by Euro clubs in Asia does not a European League make.

There is no promotion or relegation to or from this league.

Clubs will only be playing games with other clubs within that league, not from any country.

Gal

Your post reminds me of another topic where talk was about finally getting independence............

CL provided an objective for clubs that were not in the running for the title. Now that you will play in the ESL - does it matter where you finish in the league anymore if you are one of the Big Six?

The lack of relegation simply locks in indifference to the Premier League- might as well play the B team if you don't expect to win the Prem.

Sponsored Links
Just a cynical elitist money making exercise to the detriment of those that most need it.

The Tories will love it.

Last edited:
Just another example of the elite screwing over everyone else for their own gain...

But hey, that's simply a reflection of the type of 'society' that has been created!

Edit: I would suggest that if enough people decided to stop their pay TV subscriptions and (when allowed) not attend games that these 'big six' play in, then this idea would fall flat...

Wouldn't happen of course because football is a 'religion' to many, and there's never been such a threat over the ridiculous ticket/TV prices!

Liverpool Arsenal and Manchester United have been talking about this for years.

Greed greed and more greed. Hope they fall flat on their face.

It will only need a few home grown top name players from this 'big six' to say that they do not want to participate, to kill it off.
Can you imagine if Kane (Spurs), Rashford (Man Utd), Stirling (Man City), Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Henderson (Liverpool), Thingamyjig (Arsenal) all turned their back on it? The sponsors would have a hissy fit.
But there again, the sweet smell of ££££££ would be to tempting for the greedy buggers amongst them. :evil::evil:

Liverpool Arsenal and Manchester United have been talking about this for years.

Greed greed and more greed. Hope they fall flat on their face.

Why have you missed out Chelsea? Why you upset at them taking back control and getting the Superleague done?

Dont be a hypocrite.

1st off I'm no football fan.
Whilst I can understand the initial cry's of greed I think this is a good move for British clubs to get in early and be apart of the initial founders. As so many clubs have foreign owners who see the clubs as a long term investment I'm sure they are keen for it to occur. USA owners see each of the European countries as they see USA states - a part of a greater 'whole' country (called "Europe") even though the UK had left the EU.
I see the benefits to the game by UK clubs being part of the founding group rather than being a late joiner.

from my own point of view I hope it means less FB on the box not more.

Why have you missed out Chelsea? Why you upset at them taking back control and getting the Superleague done?

Dont be a hypocrite.

The big 3 were talking about it before Roman turned up.
Chelsea are with them now.....I'm totally against it.

I like football on the telly

as to this super league caper

I could not care less

I
Don’t care if footballers get a million squid a week I don’t contribute to it so I don’t really give a stuff tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back