Eurosec CP8L Can anyone help me please?

R57

Reaction score
Country
Malta
I have a Eurosec CP8L control panel in my house which was working fine. Now I am having problems in that it still works fine, I can set it and it detects an intrusion but the external sounder (external siren) is silent. The only sound comes from the keypad (RPK). The speaker inside the alarm is also silent. The external sounder works if it is directly wired to the battery although slightly sluggishly. I tested the voltage across Bell+ and bell hold- and I got 13v. When I triggered the alarm the voltage between Bell+ and bell- was lower than 1v. Similar readings obtained across the strobe+ and strobe-. Can anyone please help as I am at a loss. Recently there was a power failure in our area so I am not sure if it is due to a power surge???. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I’ve had one the same in the last couple of months , it wouldn’t drive the bell ....dusty bin time

Coming from you I would try to get a new alarm. Any suggestions for a good one, I am just a diy enthusiast with no particular knowledge of alarms? Should I go for another Eurosec possibly with an automatic dialler, gsm or land line?

@sparkymarka don't install these but went to one the other week, house had been on fire, a couple of cables damaged beyond repair, battery was flat, but system had been downpowered as the house had a temporary mains supply, but worked perfectly when tested so thought they be robust panels.

any idea why it wouldt drive the bell specifically?

Sponsored Links
I assume the transistor output was shafted ... tried it back at home still same so binned it

• Thanks
Reactions: R57
Any suggestions on a good replacement? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back