1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Eurosec CP8L Can anyone help me please?

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by R57, 4 Jan 2020.

1. R57

R57

Thanks Received:
    Malta
    I have a Eurosec CP8L control panel in my house which was working fine. Now I am having problems in that it still works fine, I can set it and it detects an intrusion but the external sounder (external siren) is silent. The only sound comes from the keypad (RPK). The speaker inside the alarm is also silent. The external sounder works if it is directly wired to the battery although slightly sluggishly. I tested the voltage across Bell+ and bell hold- and I got 13v. When I triggered the alarm the voltage between Bell+ and bell- was lower than 1v. Similar readings obtained across the strobe+ and strobe-. Can anyone please help as I am at a loss. Recently there was a power failure in our area so I am not sure if it is due to a power surge???. Thanks for your help.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unfortunately I’ve had one the same in the last couple of months , it wouldn’t drive the bell ....dusty bin time

4. R57

R57

Thanks Received:
    Malta
    Coming from you I would try to get a new alarm. Any suggestions for a good one, I am just a diy enthusiast with no particular knowledge of alarms? Should I go for another Eurosec possibly with an automatic dialler, gsm or land line?

5. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    @sparkymarka don't install these but went to one the other week, house had been on fire, a couple of cables damaged beyond repair, battery was flat, but system had been downpowered as the house had a temporary mains supply, but worked perfectly when tested so thought they be robust panels.

any idea why it wouldt drive the bell specifically?

6. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I assume the transistor output was shafted ... tried it back at home still same so binned it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. R57

R57

Thanks Received:
    Malta
    Any suggestions on a good replacement? Thanks

8. Sponsored Links