EV are they worth it?

Hydrogen doesn't catch fire, it explodes. This is why a hydrogen bomb is 1000 times more powerful than a nuke.

Hydrogen burns extremely rapidly when there is oxygen available to produce water. The heat produced causes the water to instantly become a vapour and this creates the blast wave.

A hydrogen bomb uses a chain reaction of nuclear fusion to create the heat energy.

Nuclear fusion releases enormous amounts of energy. For example, the energy released in a hydrogen bomb explosion mainly comes from the nuclear fusion of hydrogen-2 (deuterium) and hydrogen-3 (tritium) nuclei:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hydrogen cannot explode by itself, there has to be another chemical with which the hydrogen can react.

I don't think I would classify an electrical spark as a chemical. This is common enough from every switch out there.

I don't think I would classify an electrical spark as a chemical.

A spark in a container of pure hydrogen ( no oxygen in the container ) will not ( can not ) ignite the hydrogen.

In place of oxygen you can burn hydrogen in chlorine gas

Last edited:
I don't think I would classify an electrical spark as a chemical. This is common enough from every switch out there.

not sure if it is possible for you to be as ignorant as you make out.

If you are, my apologies.

You can have a barrelful of pure hydrgen, and it will not explode. You can bang it, heat it, put a spark through it.

If you mix the chemical hydrogen, with another chemical, such as oxygen, you have a mixture of chemicals.

hydrogen will burn in oxygen. It will not burn on its own.

You can make a fuel-air exposion by mixing the right proportions. Petrol vapour will do it, so will hydrogen, so will custard powder (this is not a joke)

a barrel of hydrogen, like a barrel of petrol or a barrel of custard powder, will not explode.

incidentally, many jewellers use a hydrogen blowtorch for small, very hot, precision soldering.

the hydrogen burns safely. it does not explode.

example

you can use hydrogen as a fuel in an engine.

Hydrogen burns with a blue flame, I remember the school experiments, splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen and the oxygen would relight a glowing taper. The unit looked like this upload_2022-5-10_13-21-28.png and was a standard school experiment, this
upload_2022-5-10_13-24-11.png
has been shown many times as an electric bus fire, this one was compressed natural gas happened on April 16 near the Italian city of Perugia, with a city bus bursting into fire. The flames coming out of the roof looked like a scene from a space launch program or a CGI effect, although the video is legit.

Also
On 22th November a press note was sent with the signature of the Fuel Cell Hydrogen Joint Undertaking and JIVE project. It reads: «On 28 October 2021, a large fire broke out in a depot of the transport company Arriva in Doetinchem, in the Dutch province of Gelderland. An investigation by local and regional safety authorities is underway to determine the cause of the fire. A diesel and a hydrogen fuel cell electric bus were in the maintenance building, which was destroyed in the fire. Firefighters and police reported that there were no casualties or injuries».
this time it was hydrogen gas.

Be it a battery, petrol, gas, or diesel there are loads of bus and car fires, the problem with the battery is putting the fire out, seems standard way is some countries is to put whole car in container of water.

With caravans the distance I seem to remember is 2.7 meters from a building, at this it also means no problem with a TT supply even if building is TN, as long as the car is parked 2.7 meters away from a building there is not a large problem, however would not want one in an integral garage.

The Liverpool car park fire does point out the problems of having cars so close, be it electric or petrol, however it was the building design which did not contain the liquid fuel to one area, allowing the fire to spread. I would have thought electric cars are safer as far as fire goes, as the fire is contained. upload_2022-5-10_13-46-39.png all started with one Landrover is seems.

The highest power chargers are currently 150KW for fast charging. I am not in any hurry to get an EV yet, the next car I buy will possibly be an EV, but my current car is good for another 200-400K miles before it will be worn out fully.

You'll soon be sucked into "green" (planet destroying) black hole like the rest of us.
You will be forced to lease an electric box and swap it every 2-3 years because you, like 90% of other people, will not be able to afford buying.
So we'll all be in debts for the rest of our life and will have nothing to show for it.
Apparently this is very good for the environment.
(It is not, but it makes the 1% a ton of money every second)

You forgot the bit about them eating our babies too...:rolleyes:

As yet, the EV is still a modified recipating engine car. Together with all the weight they carry, side impact bars, and all the rest, we need the whole car to be lighter, and narrower, large cars don't fit in supermarket parking spaces.

Sponsored Links
Back