Even if Boris gets backstop removed -its still not a solution

But why is it that the Irish think that they can not have a border to the EU when I will have to go through one to go into the EU?
Are they not part of the UK?

The Republic of Ireland is a part of the EU. It is not a part of the UK. it does not have a border with the EU because it is inside. It does have a border with the UK.

I am appalled at your ignorance.

Sponsored Links
Be appalled all you want John, not everyone has been following all this crap about Brexit nor cares much for it.
Just like I don't really care for the Irish :)

EU still hoping bad brexit offer = brexit cancelled. This won’t change until the chances of no deal are more likely.
Looking more and more likely...Parliament running out of time,,and Jezza is doing bot all

Sponsored Links
Maybe, but they are watching the political situation, it is not a foregone conclusion Boris will stay in power.

He only has a majority of 1.
Probably its the hardline brexiteers in Labour which could prevent a no confidence majority.

As regards the EU blinking, it wont happen because they will not open the withdrawal agreement before 1st Nov and unlikely after.

They also know that in the event of a no deal, they hold all the cards -the UK would have to return for negotiations with zero power.
Without starting a re-run of our other thread, no deal will hurt the EU too.

They want continued access to our markets, and leaving without a deal will particularly hammer the Irish and the Germans. It is just not true to say we have zero power.

That is why we are starting to see some cracks appearing in the EU's stance on renegotiating the withdrawal agreement.

They want continued access to our markets, and leaving without a deal will particularly hammer the Irish and the Germans. It is just not true to say we have zero power

Following a no deal, we will have zero power.
The UK will still import goods from the EU, it has already said it will keep open borders.

The EU could choose to impose 3rd country status on the UK, as they should -we have no control over that.
Dont forget at the same time, we would have no worldwide trade deals in place -so we will be under pressure.

Dont forget there is a huge difference in trade:
n 2016, services exports to the EU were 7.2% of UK GDP; for the EU 27 services exports to the UK were 1.1% of their GDP

Tell that to the white feather waving remain dimwits.They are too busy graph reading to comprehend brexit is happening.

You are welcome to keep your 'belief'

In the real world, no deal just means having to negotiate with the EU with no power.

You are welcome to keep your 'belief'

In the real world, no deal just means having to negotiate with the EU with no power.

I disagree, without the withdrawal agreement in place we probably have a little more clout. Regardless of your grandstanding about the position of the '27' and how little our trade means to 'them', there are 27 individual countries, and it's the big ones who are being left to finance the others who are going to feel the pain.
But the fact is, we don't know do we.
I think we'll leave on the 31st October, quite what 'leave' means, I'm not quite sure yet, and you sure as hell aint either.

Have you met them all? You dislike all Irish? North,South,,,and everyone of them in the world?Now that is bizarre.
No, its just the ones with the grating jerry adams accent that I dont like. NO other reason that the sound of them lol

Oh, and the ones I have ever met have always been the likes of p i k eys.

The women now, well some of them are nice :)

Still doesn't warrant them getting to not go through a border when everyone else has to IMO, we have to show our passport and haggis visa going into Scotland now. :)

Remember Buffoon said, on gaining power, that the chances of a no-deal were a million to one.

I've got a bright shiny pound here. Who will take me on? It'll be the easiest pound a Boris believe ever made.

Won't it?

I disagree, without the withdrawal agreement in place we probably have a little more clout. Regardless of your grandstanding about the position of the '27' and how little our trade means to 'them', there are 27 individual countries, and it's the big ones who are being left to finance the others who are going to feel the pain

Yes but as I said, in the event of a 'no deal' -the UK has already said it will just allow all trade to enter, which it can choose to do.

It cant export to the EU because it will be a 3rd country.
It cant export to the world because there would be no trade deals

To alter that situation the UK will have to capitulate and do deals worse than currently exist.

You are arguing that EU businesses will put pressure on their leaders to force a deal. I am sure they will, however they only have to wait for a no deal and the UK will have no choice but to come running

Sponsored Links
Back