Even Keir doesn’t want 'open borders' to help the NHS.

Undocumented resident population as a percentage of the population.

anyway, back to your numbers. From the UNHCR
Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 08.58.52.png

Sponsored Links
I find It ironic that the people who argue EU workers lowered wages are almost always are against the RMT strikes…where unions are negotiating for better pay and conditions.

If immigrant labour is able to lower wages because Supply and Demand is allowed to set wage rates…..then the root of the problem is lack of controls ensuring workers get fair wages. It is not the presence of excess Labour - that’s a symptom not a cause.
I will agree with you on this. The whole thing has become a cluster f***. A portion of society will say 'send the foreign workers back' but, if any of them are unemployed or have a child that is, they might not be too keen to fill said jobs at whatever (usually low) rate they pay.

And at the risk of repeating myself, if we want everyone to get a genuinely fair rate of pay, are we happy for the potential consequences this might have for retail prices?

And at the risk of repeating myself, if we want everyone to get a genuinely fair rate of pay, are we happy for the potential consequences this might have for retail prices?
Especially in a era of stagflation...

UK PLC has been f*cked by the brexiteers...

It will take a few years, but there will be a u-turn due to 'natural wastage' (y)

Sponsored Links
Especially in a era of stagflation...

UK PLC has been f*cked by the brexiteers...

It will take a few years, but there will be a u-turn due to 'natural wastage' (y)
You quoted a question. And ignored it. What was the point?

Undocumented resident population as a percentage of the population
That doesn’t mean the same as asylum seeker applications

Im not sure what it means, by definition undocumented residents arent recorded, so I’m not sure how a % is possible.

UK is 19th:

Fgk7b80WYAUiDKU
Nothing bitter, i just wonder why, if Britain is the economic and social sithole you claim, why are so many foriegners risking their lives in small boats to access the benefits of this country.
You said : They aren’t.

Which isn’t true. As 1 we rank 4th for having the most illegals living here and 2 we are the 8th most popular destination for asylum claims. Comparison per capita is just a way for pro asylum organisations to push us down the list and make out it’s not all that bad. Cyprus, malta, Luxembourg etc. hardly relevant comparisons.

Comparison per capita is just a way for pro asylum organisations to push us down the list and make out it’s not all that bad. Cyprus, malta, Luxembourg etc. hardly relevant comparisons

comparison per capita is an entirely relevant comparison: it directly relates asylum claim numbers to population.

Im not sure how on Earth you can claim it’s not relevant.

Interesting how you picked out some small countries whilst conveniently missing Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland.

Which isn’t true. As 1 we rank 4th for having the most illegals living here

what does that mean?

illegals are not asylum seekers. You seem to be conflating the 2.

visa overstayers are ”illegals”, So I’m wondering what you actually mean.

what does that mean?

illegals are not asylum seekers. You seem to be conflating the 2.

visa overstayers are ”illegals”, So I’m wondering what you actually mean.
As a reminder, Vinty said [paraphrased] why are so many people coming here by boat? You said, they aren't. The UK has a problem with illegal immigrants, not the relatively few genuine refugees claiming asylum, or the genuine visa applicants coming here for a better life, bringing skills and qualifications.

Looking at per capita is as relevant as per SqM of land. The UK is a small Island for its population size. Only Belgium and the Netherlands having significant populations trump the UK in terms of population density.

Why would you want to deny the fact that the UK has an illegal immigrant problem? Roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of a million people living here.

Are you not concerned by this for example?

You don't have the evidence to prove that hypothesis:

1. We don't know how many make it here and disappear
2. We don't know how many who are accepted have gamed the system.

For example we know the criminal gangs are advising their clients to claim asylum due to being trafficked or are in debt to criminal gangs. Both likely to be as a result of coming here illegally, but will give them a strong chance of success.

As a reminder, Vinty said [paraphrased] why are so many people coming here by boat? You said, they aren't. The UK has a problem with illegal immigrants, not the relatively few genuine refugees claiming asylum, or the genuine visa applicants coming here for a better life, bringing skills and qualifications.

Looking at per capita is as relevant as per SqM of land. The UK is a small Island for its population size. Only Belgium and the Netherlands having significant populations trump the UK in terms of population density.

Why would you want to deny the fact that the UK has an illegal immigrant problem? Roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of a million people living here.

Are you not concerned by this for example?
again you are conflating illegal immigrants with asylum seekers

and you fall into the right wing narrative that there are "relatively few genuine refugees claiming asylum" despite the fact the majority of the nationalities that arrive here are from countries suffering persecution and or war.

You have taken Vinty's comment out of context, It wasnt specifically about numbers:

Vinty said: "Nothing bitter, i just wonder why, if Britain is the economic and social sithole you claim, why are so many foriegners risking their lives in small boats to access the benefits of this country."

They dont come here for benefits, thats not the reason, the vast majority of those claiming asylum want to work. They mostly come here because of the common language and connections either family or friends

illegal immigrants are mostly visa overstayers -non returning students etc.

judging by the fact the home office seems to be letting asylum seekers free to disappear, I would guess we also have a problem with non genuine asylum seekers as well

but that doesnt get away from the fact the majority of those arriving by boat (because the UK has shut off every other route) are genuine claimants.

The biggest problem is a Conservative government that is manufacturing a crisis....so it can ramp up hatred of foreigners.

Virtually everything the Conservatives have done other last 12 years has failed and the only excuse they have left is foreigners.

all the problems the UK had were supposed to have disappeared when we left the EU................

Sponsored Links
Back