Even Keir doesn’t want 'open borders' to help the NHS.

I'm claiming "this wasn't a thing a few years ago". Do you think the data is wrong? If so please feel free to share.
I am saying your graph does not show what you are trying to claim.

Either the data or the graph or both is wrong.

Sponsored Links
As I said, this clearly wasn't a thing a few years ago.
Go back further and you will see there have been peaks before. They tend to relate to war and war like activities in various countries.

You don't seem to be able to get to grips with the fact that the majority of arrivals get to stay - even Albanians.

What you are not prepared to say is that you don't want any asylum seekers at all. You clearly don't. They will arrive as they do.

Visa aspects are.more interesting. The numbers granted are known. They arrive through the "legal" channels. These have never allowed unmonitored people movement through them even for us. Departures are also noted. That means the number of over stayers should be known which in turn means the info should be around. The other interesting aspect is that these arrivals are wanted and have set conditions attached to them. Lets see you balance that! Again it's just another area people rant about who aren't even aware of figures. Actually some can have fast track to residence. ;) They don't need a boat.

Like boat people, humans vary and some will abuse just as some are likely to do in the general support area provided by the gov. The key word is some. Just like some shop lift. Some break into homes and steal things. Some stab people. Some like hitting people. Some do all sorts of things.

Some people live in their own tiny little world.

"This clearly wasn't a thing a few years ago..`'
This meaning people arriving to the UK illegally via small boat.
I have already said, I have no problem with genuine refugees seeking our help. Don't forget the UK has for decades provided aid to many war torn countries. I have no problem with genuine skilled labour applying for visas and I have no problem with people seeking a better life. I have a problem with people trying to pretend that large scale, gang organised illegal immigration isn't a massive problem for this country.

"This clearly wasn't a thing a few years ago..`'
This meaning people arriving to the UK illegally via small boat.
I have already said, I have no problem with genuine refugees seeking our help. Don't forget the UK has for decades provided aid to many war torn countries. I have no problem with genuine skilled labour applying for visas and I have no problem with people seeking a better life. I have a problem with people trying to pretend that large scale, gang organised illegal immigration isn't a massive problem for this country.
So what is the Government doing about it is surely the question you are asking ?

Any idea? They don't seem to have.

Control and action is what is needed ? Any sign of it? They were taking control of it, how many years ago now ?

Sponsored Links
I don't think its credible to say people who are concerned with illegal immigration by small boat are adopting a right wing narrative and I don't think many believe the Tories are creating a problem to fix

You have changed what I said to set up a different argument.

I said: “trying to claim that the majority of those arriving by boat are not genuine asylum seekers but mostly economic migrants is right wing narrative”

I say that because right wing commentators, right wing politicians and right wing supporters….are the ones saying it.
And on that basis my claim is entirely credible. You for example are a right wing supporter and it’s the narrative you subscribe to.
Its not biased opinion, it’s just counting.

;) They have done something recently. 500 more to process arrivals but months to get them actually working

Cost of that compared with 1,000's in hotels. Some could be working, some could have been deported.

The answer is global warming which gives numbers like this

DateMigrants detectedBoats detected
31 October 2022461
1 November 202200
2 November 202200
3 November 202200
4 November 202200
5 November 202200
6 November 202200

So I can stand by my opinion that genuine claimants arriving by small boat are relatively few

aside from the recent uptick in Albanians, the governments own figures show the majority come from: Syria, Iran, Iraq, Eritrea, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen. All places of persecution or war, that indicates they are genuine.

aside from the recent uptick in Albanians, the governments own figures show the majority come from:
France. Which is neither a place of persecution or at war which indicates they are not in genuine need of asylum.

As I said, this clearly wasn't a thing a few years ago

due to:

increased securitisation of other means
loss of Dublin agreement
covid shutting other possible routes.

The numbers vary over time as it depends on geo politics, UK had far more asylum claims in 2002 than it does now.

France. Which is neither a place of persecution or at war.
Yawn.

refugees can’t all stay in neighbouring countries because that would destabilise that region, Turkey already has 3.8m Syrians.

So refugees disperse over a wide area, some come to UK.

Ive explained all this to you before but your cognitive bias makes it impossible to absorb facts so you continue regurgitating false arguments.

Yawn.

refugees can’t all stay in neighbouring countries because that would destabilise that region, Turkey already has 3.8m Syrians.

So refugees disperse over a wide area, some come to UK.

Ive explained all this to you before but your cognitive bias makes it impossible to absorb facts so you continue regurgitating false arguments.
Fact. The majority of 'refugees' coming the the UK come from France which, I repeat, is neither a place of persecution or at war. Unless you know different……

Fact. The majority of 'refugees' coming the the UK come from France which
Via France and many other countries. They have their origins elsewhere. What makes you think that they are all heading to France or the UK for that matter?

Sponsored Links
Back