Evil artex! WTF!

Sponsored Links
sun WAS shining down here! :D

thanks for the condensation tip.

so i guess the verdict here is that the ceiling came off because it wasn't sealed and took moisture from my lovely plaster and and failed/bailed onto the floor?

Sponsored Links
I,ve had this one as well and I think the artex was of the old asbestos variety which seems very absorbant to moisture and parts company with the substrate at the drop of a hat, Knowing full well that it should be dispersed of in a proper manner by a responsible company :D [oh really]
steaming it off is the best way. ::cool:

steaming it off is the best way. ::cool:

Oh really, giving it a coat of skimming seems quick way, aint it trowelmonkey, :LOL: :LOL:
did you try to scrape the rest off.
I've had odd bits about palm size bulge like that but I cut them out as they happened.

i'd have happily spent the time to get it off in the first place but what can you say to someone who knows all he needs is a skim!

i tried containing it by cutting out but the patches grew quicker than i could cut, and while cutting the middle one the large one fell off...

i had a sweat on that day i can tell you!

so you reckon asbestos then dave? it certainly seems like it needed little encouragement to come down and get friendly with the floor.

didn't try scraping any more off, i'm in no doubt it would come down very easily but the mess from those bits was horrendous so cleaned up and left him to decide what to do, as he originally only wanted a skim to avoid any mess!

gotta laugh! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back