Evolution chop saw with multicut blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering buying one of these Evolution chop saws witht the multicut blade that will cut wood, steel, aluminium etc etc

This appears to be the only saw on the market I can fnid like this. Are there other makes that do them? I dont want a grinder wheel saw.

Ive never bought Evolution tools and thought they were B&Q's own make which they ovbiously arent. Who makes them, or are they a new make in their own right?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
many people rave about these saws how good they are
my thoughts are they are a compromise
the fact no other manufacturer has such a saw tells me they are probably a compromise to far

many people rave about these saws how good they are
Why? As a wood saw they are only really so-so. ANY mitre saw can do aluminium with the appropriate blade - a hacksaw or angle grinder will handle the rest. In any case, cut metal on a chop saw and like as not, no matter how well you clean it out afterwards, some metal swarf WILL eventually mark a piece of wood moulding you are cutting (normally a piece of high gloss kitchen cornice, too - Sodt's Law)

I've been using one for years. They are light, reasonably accurate, and make a very fine cut. I'm more than happy with mine.

Sponsored Links
to be fair they are aimed at the diy/ light pro market
by light pro i mean a tool you will only use for the odd cut where the finish just has to be fairly accurate and neat rather than day in day out use to a high standard

the chap fitting windows next door does it day in day out he showed me the finish on wood it wasn't as bad as i feared but he hadn't used it much on metal

I want it to quickly cut timber for the fire, old ****e with the odd nail in it etc.

also need it to cut brass curtain poles, steel threaded rods etc

I have a Dewalt mitre saw for timber only.

Oh and I'm still on the original blade.

I want it to quickly cut timber for the fire, old s***te with the odd nail in it etc.

also need it to cut brass curtain poles, steel threaded rods etc

I have a Dewalt mitre saw for timber only.

Forget a chop saw for curtain poles and threaded rod. They are all pretty useless for that sort of stuff. Hidden nails and screws - ideal.

what would you suggest for brass (100% proper brass) poles and threaded steel rods M10 maybe M12.

I had justified it to myself as I could also use it for firewood, but if you think its not good for my primary purpose I will need something that is.

I want a neat cut and unless I can buy a steady hand to go with it I need a machine!

Will I get a blade for my dewalt mitre saw that will cut thin wall section brass tube?

I've tried cutting copper tube with a chop saw and it grabbed and ripped it to pieces and threw it across the room at very high speed.

You can get an automated hacksaw if you really need one but DON'T take chances with a chop saw. It really isn't suited.

Oh and I'm still on the original blade.
Either it's just been sharpened or you don't use it much. I carry 2 or 3 different types of blades for different types of materials and I generally pay for 5 to 6 sharpenings a year (or more if I'm using recycled stuff). But then that's real trade use ;) For copper pipe I use a pipe slicer, for all other metals it's like you - a hacksaw or an angle grinder with a metal cutting disc - for the same reasons. Metal can catch

I use it a fair amount, but mainly for decorative mouldings which don't stress it out too much. I do need a new blade now though. I'm sure pressure treated timber blunts saws quicker.

I have a big evolution chop saw. The EV0355 RAPTOR.
Just for metal cutting and its a fantastic saw.
Spent 8 years using one of these nearly every day. Will do a great job on big 4" copper pipe.

The main thing about these saws I found is never lend them to anyone on site as they are sure to rip teeth out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back