Exhaust/Duct advice for Cooker Hood

AzK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I purchased a Candy CCE116/1X Cooker Hood and I wanted some advice on the ducting/exhaust. I read the manual that said it requires a 150mm duct, which is fine.

The problem I have is the hood will go against an internal wall (see pic) and the only bit of external wall is to the far left of the hood. I have an added complication that there is a support beam in the way.

I have considered putting the ducting into the ceiling and then across to the beam, then shoot down (into a cabinet) and then across into another cabinet and then out the wall. Please see the image I have put together which hopefully illustrates the path for the duct.

I am trying to avoid having the duct/exhaust visible, hence why it is initially going up into the ceiling and then down again.

My question is around whether this is fine and if the cooker hood and ducting will still have sufficient suction with the angles and bends I am proposing?

Any help you can give around this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Azim

Attachments

• Cooker hood.jpg
    Cooker hood.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
If cabinets were going the whole length of that wall, another layer can look quite decent and hide a lot.
So can a cabinet cornice.

Attachments

• 20210909_184441.jpg
    20210909_184441.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 97

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back