Existing electrics for pond pump and filter.

Can you post a picture of your consumer unit just so i can see if you have an RCD protecting the socket circuits.

An FCU is that switch you have above the double socket which the cable from outside goes into. Basically its a switch with a fuse to protect the outgoing cable, this is known as a fused connection unit (FCU), the fuse in it is most probably a 13amp one which isn't providing the correct protection to the pump/filter which should most likely be fused at 3amps, if you changed the fuse to a 3amp this would then restrict what you can plug into the socket as any high powered appliances would cause it to blow.

The hi-tuff being buried isn't really correct, it should be an armoured cable, i just wanted to know how deep it was to see if its at risk of being damaged by a spade, i suppose it depends on how likely you are to start hacking away at your lawn with a spade :)

As i say its not a dangerous installation but needs tidying up. An easy and not so costly solution would be to remove the socket if you can live without it and just move the switch to a better location, then replace the fuse in the FCU for a 3amp one.

All the best
Dan

Sponsored Links
First, the pond filter is to retain depends on the biological health of its entire pond water. Plants and fish do need care and a healthy place to live. A electric pond filter on the market to buy, usually in a physical method to remove environmental pollutants. But the electrical pond filter does the opposite environment among others. Another thing is that it can be function as a convert to this more in the form of nitrate and ammonia in the pond plants.

Please speak english, this a uk forum.

He's from California, it's a Spanish speaking part of North America but I suspect the real problem is that his post contained the words 'nitrate' and 'ammonia'. Automatic scrambling by the NSA occurs in that circumstance and a blackhawk is despatched to his house.

I suspect the real problem is that his post contained the words 'nitrate' and 'ammonia'. Automatic scrambling by the NSA occurs in that circumstance and a blackhawk is despatched to his house.

Followed by an extended holiday in Guantanamo Bay, I belive they are rather keen on there water features there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
This guy and his friends from across the pond love playing around with old posts ;)

Go here:

http://www.pumpsforpond.com/contact/

Suggest to them that if they can identify someone who might call himself michaelsdiesel they get rid of him before he damages their image any more by spamming (which is theft), and displaying complete ignorance of the fact that there are places in the world other than the USA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back