Expanding foam issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my bathroom renovations.
One of the issues I had was the old bathroom was leaking into the kitchen and made a large hole in the ceiling which will be plastered up.

The issue I have are the kitchen units are in the way, I've pulled all of them down apart from the unit where the hole is.
It looks like whoever fitted these have used expanding foam as well as screws to stick it to the wall, I've took the screws out but it still won't budge.
What's the best way to pull this unit off, I can just about fit dental floss between the back and the wall that's the amount of space the is.
Between the top of the unit and the ceiling there is less than 10 cm gap so it needs to come down to replace that section of the ceiling.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you get a hot long bladed knife down the back will destroy foam.

What like get a long thin knife, heat it up and get it down the back?

Sponsored Links
If you can get a long thin knife down there, it doesn't need to be hot. An old bread knife will do, but a ham knife or salmon knife is more flexible.

Or a hacksaw blade with the nibs on the end removed.

Lol yeah didn't have any of those speciality knives to hand.
Used a hacksaw blade in the end and finally managed to get it off.

Thanks everyone for help your help with this

Burger me, you're posh! I make do with a bread knife and a paring knife!

when I started work in the hotel trade, I was amazed to see a sandwich man using a ham knife. it was twangy as a clock spring, and very long.

Catering students often buy rolls containing a kit of (inexpensive) knives
s454_hygiplas-15-set-new.jpg

they seem to have gone out of fashion now - not in the sets I just looked at.

here's one

ham - - - >
s-l225.jpg
salmon - - - >
s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
As a catering student we were encouraged to buy the most expensive quality knifes we could afford . I still have mine 45 years later .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back