Expansion Vessel - unvented cylinder

so you resort to abuse when your shown to be talking nonsense? What a man you are.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Sorry to have caused a bit of Argie bargy.

It's on it's side and it hasn't Stopped the noise. I would like to go at changing the pressure before getting someone out again.

Should I do this after a drain down? Or with the taps running ? Or when under pressure?

I think the noise is when the ev drains itself...

Cheers
KP

Sponsored Links
DP(Danny) in one of the highest regarded people on this & other forums, his knowledge of boilers is second to none

Sorry RHb, that accolade goes to a few others on this forum. These guys leave me at the starting blocks when it comes to technical knowledge.

Hi all

Sorry to have caused a bit of Argie bargy.

It's on it's side and it hasn't Stopped the noise. I would like to go at changing the pressure before getting someone out again.

Should I do this after a drain down? Or with the taps running ? Or when under pressure?

I think the noise is when the ev drains itself...

Cheers
KP

Turn off at the stop cock and open the lowest tap (hot or cold) that is fed from the 'pressure reduced' supply. Leave the tap open. That should leave you able to measure the actual pressure in the bladder. To be really sure you could temporarily disconnect the EV from the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back