Expensive car yet completely thick.

Softus wrote
And only when there's someone else to see you indicate.

Why, It costs nothing and who knows you just may have missed somebody who may have reason to be forewarned you are turning.
Pedestrians in front of you for example.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
there is an alternative view, that if drivers always indicate before a manoeuvre, this will be useful on the occasions when they haven't noticed the bike wanting to pass, the person about to pull out, or the person about to cross that side street they're going to turn down.
I'm familiar with that point of view, but I happen to believe the statistics that I was once told, which were/are that when people are the habit of always indicating, they tend to do less thinking.

The whole point about indicating only when there's someone to indicate to is that it means that every signalling intent is considered first, and up to date knowledge of everything in the vicinity is needed in order to make the decision.

The benefits of this type of driving overwhelm the number of problems caused by an occasional omission of observation.

A study has found people who park in disabled bays exhibit criminal activity.

anobium said:
Softus said:
And only when there's someone else to see you indicate.
Why
Please see my previous post.

It costs nothing and who knows you just may have missed somebody who may have reason to be forewarned you are turning.
Pedestrians in front of you for example.
The objective is to not miss any pedestrian or any vehicle. Ever.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Does that include genuinely disabled people? :eek:

JohnD said:
Softus said:
I happen to believe the statistics that I was once told

I haven't seen these statistics.
I daresay that you might understand my point though, even if you don't agree with it.

Softus said:
securespark said:

securespark should have said:
A study has found people who park in disabled bays (who are not entitled to park there) exhibit criminal activity.

securespark said:
Softus said:
securespark said:

securespark should have said:
A study has found people who park in disabled bays (who are not entitled to park there) exhibit criminal activity.

Softus knew that, he,s on a wind up.................... ;)

trazor said:
Softus knew that, he,s on a wind up.................... ;)
I don't see how I could have "known" it, and since I don't make assumptions, the best thing to do was ask.

The reason I'm interested is because I once had a run-in with a disabled person who parked in a disabled bay, and didn't display his badge until after I'd stared at him (thinking that he wasn't disabled, of course).

I smiled, apologised, and moved on (into Sainsburys). Two minutes later he took me by surprise by verbally accosting me in the grape section, and wouldn't listen to any amount of polite explanation from me.

I never did understand his vehement objection to my silent gaze, which had been in the best interests of disabled people, i.e. him, so I'm still looking for some reason for his madness. Since logic dictates that not all disabled people are honest, and I wondered if securespark's comment was revealing some little-known statistic about disabled people.

That's all. Not any kind of wind-up by my reckoning.

Softus said:
Since logic dictates that not all disabled people are honest

Yes, logic would dictate the same percentage as in the general population.

Which makes the following statement slightly odd, as is shows you may have believed it to be a greater percentage.

Softus said:
and I wondered if securespark's comment was revealing some little-known statistic about disabled people.

Perhaps your run in, clouded your usually immaculate perception......

trazor said:
...Which makes the following statement slightly odd, as is shows you may have believed it to be a greater percentage.

Softus said:
and I wondered if securespark's comment was revealing some little-known statistic about disabled people.
Not odd, methinks, since I expressed shock at the possibility, not belief. I was maintaining an open mind, but thought of the possibility of a greater percentage because I couldn't imagine another reason for securespark referring to an average percentage. Unless of course he's found that people tend to regard disabled people as being more than averagely honest.

Perhaps your run in, clouded your usually immaculate perception......
Perhaps; but the run-in was many years ago. Or are you being mischevious? ;)

PS - immaculate perception: is that the view that the three wise men must have had?

Sponsored Links
Back