Experts on PCB's does this mean i've found the problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi again Guys

I've taken the front of the valliant sine 18 and the PCB board has what looks like a fuse that sits above the switches this is blown i think it has little flame maring around it and sooty marks. does this mean i may of found why it's not firering up when there is a demand for hot water?????

Sponsored Links
OMG! you are soooo negative :LOL:
there has been a leak at some point because the front cover is all corroded nothing is leaking anymore so could have shorted something??

You should stick to you original thread instead of starting a new one.

Surely the engineer you had there would have seen that when he checked the electrical connections.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well at least, if you pop in a new fuse (of exactly the same rating, naturally) it will just blow again if there is a further issue. Well spotted!
John :)

You should stick to you original thread instead of starting a new one.

Surely the engineer you had there would have seen that when he checked the electrical connections.

Tony

Sorry Tony! i shoul have stayed on the other thread you're right.

And no the engineer did not take the cover off the PCB therefore did not see the burnt mark on the curcuit board.

I've now had 4 engineers out and none have helped just grunted a bit.

I would hope that most good engineers would have started by opening that cover to measure the incoming power was present and correctly connected and then that the call for heat was also present.

But I can also understand that few in your area might have seen that model in the same way that I see very few oil boilers in London.

I think that PCB is still available as a spare. Alternatively they are not difficult to repair for anyone competent with a soldering iron. As a last resort I and some others probably have a used one in stock.

You have not explained on what basis you have called those four engineers. But my view is that no one coming to diagnose a fault should be charging you if they cannot correctly diagnose the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back