Exports fall

'Germany will come back with a trade deal' :ROFLMAO:

But you dont want a trade deal, do you :ROFLMAO:
You want to leave and get bilateral deals elsewhere
That means divergence and no frictionless trade.
So there is no deal Germany can offer

Currently we already have frictionless trade with zero tariffs.
You want to go back and negotiate a worse deal -which you dont want anyway.

Flawless logic from fillyboy :ROFLMAO:

Oh and Germany cant do bilateral deals. Its the EU old bean.

The whole world is, and has been for some time, heading toward a free trade system worldwide. That was the original purpose of the WTO of which we were a founder member. That's globalisation which is inevitable.
Where it becomes complicated is that to make globalisation fair, the playing field need to be not too far off level. So if a country, let's say for example China, make their exports cheaper by devaluing their currency, or 'dump' stuff into the market, ie selling it below value to get rid of a surplus, other countries suffer and see their industries collapse.
That's why the EU have strict rules on trade surpluses etc, now from memory, I'm not googling at this time of night, but eu rules dictate that any member state cannot exceed a 3% trade surplus, Germany has for many years, run a trade surplus of 6-7%, cool, that's great for China, sorry, Germany, except that for every trade surplus, there has to be a matching trade deficit, enter southern Europe, the PIGS. Of course the PIGS, Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain are paying the price for Germanys success. The PIGS countries currencies are overpriced, Germanys true currency is grossly underpriced, the whole Euro strategy is aimed at two things, subsidising Germanys manufacturing and France's farming.
Mark my words, Britain won't be the second country to leave the eu, their will be a third, fourth and fifth, it may carry on until it's just France and Germany left, that would be amusing.

Sponsored Links
Mark my words, Britain won't be the second country to leave the eu, their will be a third, fourth and fifth, it may carry on until it's just France and Germany left, that would be amusing.
What's your time line?

Since the financial troubles of 2008 only the barmy RWR nutters from the UK have elected to leave. That's 11 years and nothing. Not even an inkling. Not even a murmur.

Dream on Frilly

What's your time line?

Since the financial troubles of 2008 only the barmy RWR nutters from the UK have elected to leave. That's 11 years and nothing. Not even an inkling. Not even a murmur.

Dream on Frilly

I don't have a timeline, I'm not sure when the next general election is in Ireland, but if they shake off the flamboyant Leo and elect someone sensible, they'll be next, if Italy don't beat em to it, Spain and Portugal after that I guess, what are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Having seen the Brexit Omnishambles, Quitters in the EU27 have zipped their mouths and backed quietly away.

Having seen the Brexit Omnishambles, Quitters in the EU27 have zipped their mouths and backed quietly away.
Correct.
I'd like to see what dodgy website Frilly has been reading from. Or perhaps he's reciting a bad dream?

11 years of pain, austerity and begging bowls and not a sniff of leaving. I'm not the one saying these countries intend to leave. Tell us - what plans are afoot? Try to keep it honest.(y)

Ang on mate, to be fair, the 11 years of austerity are nowt to do with Brexit, it's all about re-financing banks and I for one disagree with that principle, I'm a big fan of Mark Blyth on that score, check him out on youtube.
Better still, buy his book, 'Austerity, the history of a bad idea'
It's a good read.

he whole world is, and has been for some time, heading toward a free trade system worldwide. That was the original purpose of the WTO of which we were a founder member. That's globalisation which is inevitable

Yes, isnt it the worst time in history to leave a trade block which is very powerful.

The EU have just done trade deals with Canada, Mexico, Japan.
And you are citing globalisation as a reason for leaving (n)

Unfortunately you dont understand how the WTO operates.
Quite simply nations operate under most favoured nation status as a default - which is the worst option.

But almost all WTO members have trade agreements which means they dont have the MFN rules between those countries with bilateral or regional agreements.

This is the big problem Leavers fail to understand with Brexit - leaving a trading block, means losing every single trade agreement in the world -that is damaging.

The 2nd thing is standards: free trade agreements require agreement on standards -if the UK diverges from the UK and allows standards to diverge, we have to write and ratify new standards......causing delays.

Perhaps you should read it again?
Thank you for that suggestion, I have done so, along with other articles on the subject.

The article is claiming that as trade between Germany and the UK has dropped......that is an argument for Brexit.

It is not.
It makes no justification for brexit, it is simply a biased article distorting the facts to give the reader the opinion Brexit is a solution.

Perhaps you could explain to me how a reduction in trade between Germany and the UK is any justification for Brexit.

One thing to note: the article states that our exports to the EU have been falling as a proportion of total exports.

Thats tells us that the UK has been able to develop its trade to the new growth markets, whilst in the EU.
Brexit would put a halt to that because of a loss of all its trade deals.
It is axreason to stay not leave.

Sponsored Links
Back