extending outlet hose on IKEA dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Anyone out there who has any experience with extending outlet hose on IKEA dishwashers please?
The current outlet hose is too short to reach my waste under the sink so I need to extend it. I have bought a standard 17mm/17mm outlet hose connector as well as extension hose but the connector does not fit IKEA dishwasher outlet hose end. 17mm connector is too big!
I also have bought 'extension kit specifically designed for IKEA dishwashers' on EBAY only to find out that their connector is the same, standard 17mm! Help!

Sponsored Links
Cut the end of the existing hose? No! How would I otherwise extend the extending hose if I cut the end? I need a connector that will fit!

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 245
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I think your link refers to a complete replacement pipe, 1750mm long which has to be connected directly to the dishwasher pump.
On occasion - and I’m not saying do this yet - I’ve cut the rubber end off, dunked the pipe in boiling water for a few minutes and shoved the 17mm connector on.....its surprising how far these plastics can swell.
John :)

yes that lookslike the ccorrect fitting, heat the rubber part up in boiling water and your adapter will fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back