extending single core with t&e.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving my ceiling rose about a meter and one of the cables (neutral + earth) is just a bit short and need extending.
Can I use t&e (which I have) and just use one of the cores to make it longer or have i got to get a length of single and earth.

If I can use t&e, should I trim the other core down to the sheath or do I do something else.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use T & E. The spare core- nip it off or make it safe (terminate in spare wago). Remember that you shouldn't just throw terminal block at the joint (if its going to be inaccessible it needs maintenance free joints. Easiest will be Wago in a Wago enclosure).

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thank you.
It'll be in a junction box or wago enclosure and I'm going to pull it back a bit to somewhere accessible, should I need to get at it later.

Didn't see the point in getting some single and earth for a meter but if I see any before I get round to the job, i'll pick some up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back