extension cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i have no plugs in the extension cable the power light on the extension cable is on.as soon as i plug anything in to any one of the two plug ports, i have no power to the appliance i have just pluged in and the power light goes off.is this a power surge problem ? a break in the cable? is there a way to find the fault?

Sponsored Links
jazman911 said:
when i have no plugs in the extension cable the power light on the extension cable is on.as soon as i plug anything in to any one of the two plug ports, i have no power to the appliance i have just pluged in and the power light goes off

Thats nice

well the op only made a statement of fact, no questions asked

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
well the op only made a statement of fact, no questions asked

Well he did ask if there was a way to find the fault at the very end..although we both know it is easier and cheaper to buy a new extension as they are only a few quid..

You have a bad connection somewhere. It might be because someone has yanked the cable. You could start by opening the plug and remaking the terminal connections, and making sure the flex grip is retightened so there is no strain on the connectors. If not there, try the socket end. If neither of those, then it is the cable itself which you cannot repair so throw it away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back