extension query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im looking to buy a new property ive viewed,but buying depends on whether i can build a small single extension on the side of the property.
The property is a linked detached(linked by garage to neighbours house),what i would like to do is remove the garage and add an extension for kitchen(single with pitched roof).would i have to step in from neighbours footing and build from new footing leaving a gap of approx 300mm between the 2 houses making it a complete detached house.Who do i speak to before i commit to buy.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
It would be more sensible to convert the garage rather than knock it down and build something similar.

In which case you would not need planning permission, and you should discuss any planning restrictions with the planning office at the council or you conveyance solicitor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back