Extension reroofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks.

Looking at roofing options for the kitchen extension. It's a 10 degree pitch, currently it has marley concrete tiles on which are incorrect of course. What roofing type would you recommend? Had a few quotes for felt/epdm/ metro tiles so far. Thanks for any input. I'm interested also in grp?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-211120.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-211120.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
Hi folks

Any advice would be good. Has anyone used the britmet pantile 2000 sheets? Would they give too much noise off in heavy rain etc?

Thanks for the advice. I have looked at epdm but have seen issues with it lifting. Would putting an osb deck on the rafters cause a problem if it is a 'cold roof' with the insulation in the rafters? Definitely avoid the tile sheets?

Sponsored Links
Oh yes it will need to be boarded, 18mm minimum ply or osb. Done right it will stick no problem.

Tile sheets are bit amateurish but I suppose are an option. They are all the rage with the conservatories, but I don't know how long they last. A few by me are already fading after 5 and 7 years.

Consider adding more insulation if possible while you're at it.

Thanks. The britmet pantile 2000 quote was actually more than epdm. £2180 vs £1800. I am a bit concerned about epdm on a 'cold' roof as it can cause condensation on the rafters if heat can rise above the insulation. Would it need to be converted to a warm roof with the insulation on top of the osb deck?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back