Extension socket joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have to add a new socket prior to a builder, plasterer and electrician doing work on a couple of rooms.
See image. To use the existing ring main wires, I would need to pull one of the wires from the existing box and feed it towards the new socket, but it will need a connection, where it is marked. What is best for the connection please?
Camerart.

Attachments

• Extension socket.png
    Extension socket.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi,
Just had a thought! There will be a washing machine see image, the socket will be nearer to the viewer from the water pipe (Sunk in the wall) and the drain, by over a foot, is this ok?
C.

Attachments

• Extension socket.png
    Extension socket.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 111
Hi,
I have to add a new socket prior to a builder, plasterer and electrician doing work on a couple of rooms.
See image. To use the existing ring main wires, I would need to pull one of the wires from the existing box and feed it towards the new socket, but it will need a connection, where it is marked. What is best for the connection please?
Camerart.

Hi, you could install a spur from the existing socket ? Only requiring 1 new cable and no joint box is required.

DS

Hi, you could install a spur from the existing socket ? Only requiring 1 new cable and no joint box is required.

DS
Hi D,
I prefer ring main as it is possible. The existing tubes to the sockets, only have space for two wires, so I would need to channel another tube from the existing socket.
C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back