Adding 2 double sockets and wall lights from existing socket ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I have started work on a master bedroom as we are having it completely re plastered, prior to this I wish to add two new double sockets and 2 wall likes off of an existing ring.

Currently as per attached diagram I have one single socket which has 2 feeds in/out of it so 2 lots of live/neutral and earth so believe this to be part of the existing ring.

My plan is to take both of these and put them into a junction box then from this junction box feed from that to the 1st double socket, then from this to the 1st wall light, then to the 2nd wall light and then finish off at the last double socket.

Would that work and be an acceptable setup providing I mark the lights as being fed from that circuit and not the lighting circuit?

Also what is the best way to smash out brick wall behind the plaster for the new back boxes if anyone has advice?

Thanks all

Attachments

• Wiring diagram.jpg
    Wiring diagram.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 358
Sponsored Links
No, that's not the way to do it.

Fit a Fused Connection Unit in place of the present socket and run two spurs to the new sockets.
All four 2.5mm² cables in the same Supply L, N & E terminals.

From the 3A protected load side of the FCU run 1mm² cable to the lights.

For back boxes, drill lots of holes to the right depth then hammer and chisel.

upload_2016-11-30_12-59-25.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back