New ring circuit from socket

brick-wall.jpg
blank65x10t.gif
whathesaidsmiley.gif

Just to confirm that I messed the picture up and that ban all sheds is right what he has been saying.
That would be fine, but...

This is the way it was done.
That isn't what you originally described, and it isn't what I drew.

The red bit was my mistake.
Well let's hope your drawing still contains mistakes, and that it hasn't actually been wired like that, because that's wrong.

The socket I went from had 3 live 3n and 3 earth wires in but when tested two where live 1 was dead.
Tested by whom? With what?

So one live was put in J.B and ringed back to socket .
That's not what your drawing shows, is it.

Go away.

Sponsored Links
Are you just a Troll::::::::: Where are the cables bringing the power into the downstairs socket? Or does it just magically energise the rest of the circuit?
I have been assuming (very, very dangerous in this particular thread) that the two things labelled as 'fused spurs for lighting' are just the FCUs (without the lighting spur cable shown) and that the two cables coming out of those FCUs (and heading off towards left of page) are the two legs of an existing ring into which the new circuitry has been inserted. - i.e. as I've just written, the circuit as a whole is now a figure-of-8.

... but goodness knows whether that is the correct interpretation!

Kind Regards, John

blank65x10t.gif
whathesaidsmiley.gif

Just to confirm that I messed the picture up and that ban all sheds is right what he has been saying.
That would be fine, but...

This is the way it was done.
That isn't what you originally described, and it isn't what I drew.

Who said you drew it ?

The red bit was my mistake.
Well let's hope your drawing still contains mistakes, and that it hasn't actually been wired like that, because that's wrong.

No it's not.
The socket I went from had 3 live 3n and 3 earth wires in but when tested two where live 1 was dead.
Tested by whom? With what?

So one live was put in J.B and ringed back to socket .
That's not what your drawing shows, is it.

Go away.

Right I will tell you what it was tested with and what .

No I don't think I will tell you . Because I might just

Go away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back