exterior paints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to have my house painted on the outside
i have seen dulux and sandtex at knock down rates in b and q
the painters say they are not good products and i should let them supply the dulux and sandtex trade paints which cover better
i think both the b and q products have the same coverage rates
am i being conned or is it true
i want the best paint for the job
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
They both have the same guarantee.

many thanks...i have noticed the dulux trade centre paints have coverage rates but b an q identical and cheaper product doesnt

equally i think the sandtex range

a really great reply and advice

i am getting a tradesman to do the job so i will let him select to suit his working method...its a big house... around 900 sq feet area 4 walls and a garage to do..
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
The word 'trade' is little more than a marketing gimmick these days.

DULUX or SANDTEX good gear and covers well .
Try your local paint store sometimes they have some good offers on well branded paints.
DULUX.. paint stores sometimes quite expensive try.. BREWERS.. paint store if you have one in your area or any, trial and error good ,,,Luck.:cool:

Use DULUX TRADE WEATHERSHIELD SMOOTH MASONRY paint.

Don`t go for the cheap ones. It needs to protect your house from rain, sunshine, frost etc...
Also ask your decorators wht they are using to fill cracks!!
It is VERY important to only use cement base filler which is not as smooth as the white powder that can be used internally and externally...it`s rubbish, after only a few weeks it will start to flake off the walls.
No thinning is required on dulux masonry paint, at least 2 coats are needed and a "touch up" coat of alkali resistant primer on all bare or filled areas.

Dulux trade covers a lot better than sandtex but you still need 2 coats (even if it covers well after applying the first one) for a better protection and good quality finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back