External pipework to a garden tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to fit an outside tap at the far end of the garden (about 40m).

What is the best type of piping? Should it run underground or will it be okay along a convenient wall that I have? Type of fittings? Insulation etc?

In short, as much advice as possible please!!!

The garden is still a 'bit rough' so all options are worth considering at this point!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if ur going to bury it it should be 750mm deep to stop it freezing. i guess u could bury it 1/2 that if u insulated it and protected the insulation to stop it breaking down.
poss best option is clip it along the wall and insulate it. platinc or copper.

just thought....could u run it in hose pipe ?..clip it or bury it. this should not split in freezing weather ? . i'd put a isolator or stop cock at house end aswell as at bottom of the garden.....and dont forget ur seperate dbl check valve to stop u poisoning the rest of us.

Sponsored Links
Hose pipe wouldn't be my choice. Better to use blue polyethylene pipe (20mm size) - very cheap, won't split if frozen, robust. Ideally it would be insulated against freezing (unless buried to 750mm), but if you isolate and drain it each winter, there won't be any water to freeze.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back