external thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house and there is no room thermostat anywhere, the boiler is a baxi solo 70/4--the boiler's own stat is set at 3, but the boiler just keeps going---i had to turn the thermostat down to 2 before it would cut out. All the rads have thermo valves----------can i install a room thermostat to this model.
my other thinking is as it is a very big house this boiler is not up to the task, and by visual i can see that some of the rads are not big enough for the room size

regds

Rob

Sponsored Links
my other thinking is as it is a very big house this boiler is not up to the task, and by visual i can see that some of the rads are not big enough for the room size
You can check what size boiler you need by using the Boiler Sizing Wizard. For info, you boiler can be set to produce 15-20kW.

You can check the approx output of your radiators by using the Stelrad Elite Catalogue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back