External Wiring - Potentially dangerous

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi there, I recently bought a new house. These wires are located to the rear of the house, coming up from the ground, hanging midair and then attaching to the rear of the house (see pics). I rang our electricity provider who sent the images to northern electric who saw the pics and stated that the wires were not theirs and that they were old tv cable cables? Obviously they are hanging down and appear dangerous. I don't want to touch them or cut them until I am sure. If anyone had any ideas what these might be that would be appreciated so I can remove them. Thanks

Sponsored Links
They may well be TV cables but why would they go into the ground? I suppose they could be cable TV? Looks rubbish!
You are doing right in assuming they are live mains cables and dangerous until proven otherwise, I certainly wouldn't go cutting them until I found out for certain.
Can you do a close up pic of the green box and where the wires go?
Is there anything on the inside of the property?

Sponsored Links
Thank you both. The wires come from the ground, then up to this box (see close up) then across the back of the house and the neighbours house at roof level. There is nothing inside I can see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back