Extinction rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are they justified in the protest bringing London to a standstill?

Many bus routes have had to be cancelled, leaving nurses having to walk to St Thomas's

Sponsored Links
Right or wrong I wouldn't know. What I do know is that politicians, big business, small business etc etc are riding rough shod over the population and eventually if the citizens are just ignored they will rise up. Disruption is part and parcel of that process unfortunately. People, businesses, politicians, transport, the country suffer but that is the whole point. We saw this with Maggie's and in the Soviet Union as was.

I presume the problem is that they didn't give notice and get permission.

It can't be any different than other marches, carnivals, royal weddings and marathons etc.

It's a sad state of affairs when you need to give notice and get permission to protest.

It can't be any different than other marches, carnivals, royal weddings and marathons etc.
The difference is that authority sees this as a threat...

Thus the draconian reaction!

Sponsored Links
Thus the draconian reaction
Really?

Should there be no reaction when protestors cover buildings with graffiti, smash glass doors, block key routes stopping NHS staff getting to work.

Are they justified in the protest bringing London to a standstill?
Many bus routes have had to be cancelled, leaving nurses having to walk to St Thomas's

and strikes.

Really?

Should there be no reaction when protestors cover buildings with graffiti, smash glass doors, block key routes stopping NHS staff getting to work.
Any damage should of course get a reaction...

However mass arrests under spurious 'public order offence' grounds is simply wrong...

And also counter productive!

The vast majority of people who get arrested are then released on bail (with orders not to return), and then any charges are inevitably dropped...

All that does in harden the resolve of the protesters, and in turn more arrests are made and more draconian laws enacted...

And not just in the UK.
One only has to look at the reaction in France to popular protest.

Any damage should of course get a reaction...

However mass arrests under spurious 'public order offence' grounds is simply wrong...

And also counter productive!

The vast majority of people who get arrested are then released on bail (with orders not to return), and then any charges are inevitably dropped...

All that does in harden the resolve of the protesters, and in turn more arrests are made and more draconian laws enacted...

And not just in the UK.
One only has to look at the reaction in France to popular protest.

The arrests were for criminal damage etc.

Ellal says he thinks criminal activity is not something a person should be arrested for

Just the usual bunch of anarchists acting like unruly children, they'll soon get bored and slither away. The good news is they've attacked worzels house, seems nobody told them he was also an anarchist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back