Extra long reach hedge trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for an extra long reach hedge trimmer. The key point for me being the length as I need to reach over the top of a wood shed to get to the hedge. Best candidate so far looks like the Tanaka TPH 270S with a EXT300 900mm extension kit.

Any thoughts on these? Any alternatives?

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Looks similar to the sthil combi I have so should be ok for what you envisage. To be honest I don't tend to use the extension pole very often as it really gets heavy to use for more than a short period.

Tanaka is quality gear from the U.S......the only thing I would recommend is not to buy from the internet but from a dealer near you - purely for the spares availability as it's not as good as Stihl or Husqvarna.
Also, pattern parts are readily available for the two brands I've mentioned......less so with Tanaka.
John :)

Thanks both. It just seems really hard to compare relative lengths as everyone quotes slightly different measures - including blade, shaft length, including engine, total reach based on average person...I'd be happy with any of those 3 makes but was drawn to the Tanaka because of the extension section as much as anything else as I couldn't find similar extensions for the others!

Sponsored Links
I wish it were that simple, but even from a ladder, I'd still have to reach over the width of the shed :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back