Extractor Fan In Downstairs Cloakroom

Qedelec said:
Mitrepooc

Ban was justified in his post as there is a vast difference between 12v and 240v.
This forum is for advise and ban is one of our more prolific and experienced advisors.

Qedelec,
I do appreciate the differences between 12v & 240v & I do know my limitations.
How can the sarcastic use of emoticons be justified.
As for his "prolific" postings, this doesn't give him the right IMHO, to lecture, be sarcastic, rude, abrasive etc.
Look, I know where this thread is heading so before this noob ends up in a flame war with the more established members here i'll draw a line under this.
Cheers.
Tim.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, ban isn't exactly the most tactful person at times :LOL: , its something you learn to live with when you have been here a while, plus sometimes he can be quite amusing

I should probably have replied thusly, the second time, rather than the second set of emoticons:

mitrepooc said:
So I conclude from your reaction that you deem me not to be "competent".
No - I don't know whether you are competent, but I am amazed, and a bit worried, that you would judge your own competence on the basis of 12V car electrics..

You can get avery nasty shock from the EHT side of the coil, perhaps that's what he was referring to.
Also cars have wires and plugs and things, some even have power management thingy's so being competent on cars must mean you are competent on domestic electrics. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Chaps,
I do not profess to be a "qualified" electrician & probably never will but i can & do most things electric SAFELY within my own home, it's the tricky wiring jobs i need advice on, If i don't know how to do it i'll seek advice from the sparks at work or on these forums.
These boards are for DIYers are they not? so why not cut the noobs, competent DIYers, & dare i say 12volt jockeys ;) some slack i know some of the questions you get asked are sometimes stupid, but we are all here to learn.
Cheers.
Tim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back