Extractor fan trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This seems to be the day for these things but they say all good things come in 3's.

Boss says: Just pop in there and wire it properly.
Customer says: The old fan stopped working so I got this one from Amazon and wired it the same... I know it works as it came on after a shower, just before I turned the light off and it ran for a few seconds.

I couldn't get the camera in to get a pic but I confirmed it is wired correctly:
L= brown, SL= grey & N= black/blue sleeve.
3 pots with only symbols of increasing behind the front cover, as fitted looks something like this without the cover:
upload_2022-1-14_17-44-51.png

the instructions on the box shows them as:
upload_2022-1-14_18-6-55.png

and instructions basically say adjust to suit.
I assumed: Delay = start delay, Humidity = Humidity sensitivity & Timer = Run on timer.
On arrival: upper set to minimum & lower set to maximum.

Clues?

Sponsored Links
Maybe the actual fan has been wired at the factory incorrectly, with Delay and timer the wrong way round?

Operated like that because they are upside down?
That is my conclusion.
However there is nothing to say which way is up, quite the contrary the MI's states 'in any orientation except drawing air vertically downwards'.
If the unit were to be turned through 90°Edit 180° the MI lines up perfectly with the picture matching the marking on the pots.

I turned the Delay down to minimum and it takes about a count of 3 after the light is on to start.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I thought you were just testing us. :)
Being honest, it tested me for a while and it did take a while having to wait for timers to operate and stop took an eternity.

I wouldn't have thought to post if it hadn't been for the other 2 threads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back