F1 re-fulers out of a job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I was watching a bit of the grand prix last night and heard them saying that next year they are banning re-fuling..
all those poor hose guys out of a job...

there can't be that many petrol forecourt jobs out there can there?

Sponsored Links
Wont be a very long race if they cant refuel.

Either that or they will need to have really big fuel tanks.

perhaps the pit stop exit road will lead to the local Tescoes or whatever where they refuel by card only and incur 4 hours penalty :D

Sponsored Links
As matty says, how the hell are they going to complete the race in its current format? Do they intend to reduce the amount of laps or something?

29) REFUELLING
29.1 a) Refuelling is only permitted in the team’s designated garage area.
b) Refuelling during a race is forbidden.
29.2 The driver may remain in his car throughout refuelling but the engine must be stopped.
29.3 Each competitor must ensure that an assistant equipped with a suitable fire extinguisher of adequate
capacity is beside the car throughout all refuelling operations.
30) GENERAL SAFETY...

Have read ..
Currently 130 Litre fuel cells.

They say the 'turbo' F1s were running 220-195 Litre cells in the 80's.
Blimey, that's like having a '40 gallon drum' and a bit more hidden behind the driver...
--

They are going to increase the fuel tank size, but they did not specify how many laps they will do.

All Grand Prix (except Monaco) are approximately the same length - whatever whole number of laps gets them closest to about 310km.

Monaco is 260km, but it's a short lap and a slow circuit.

As far as I know, the race length isn't going to change. The teams are just going to have to put bigger tanks on them AND get better at fuel economy.

It's all due to the increase of parking restrictions and blokes on scooters issuing £60 penalty tickets. Only a matter of time before someone buys the land containing the pits and starts putting wheel clamps on ;)

The teams are just going to have to put bigger tanks on them AND get better at fuel economy.

yep thats the idea make the teams cheaper to run by reduced costs giving a wider market who can run/sponcer a team

if you reduce power by 10 percent you get 20 to 40% more miles per gallon [remember those lol ;) ]
then with added coasting or not acelerating flat out you eak out you fuel more
i can see races becoming more exiting as cars have to alter there performance to eak the fuel out and make it last

I'd like to see speed restrictors put on all cars to get them all on a maximum equal footing. This would lead to a truer picture of the individual skills of the drivers, rather than the technology behind it.

You'd also have to put on braking limiters, acceleration limiters and some sort of grip limiters if you wanted to level the playing field. F1 cars very rarely get up to their absolute top speed so braking, acceleration and grip through the corners are what gets you round quickest.

Dex, they have speed restrictors in the sense that they cannot rev above 18,000 rpm. Last year it was 19,000rpm. Also they are cutting back on some technology so the drivers will have to work a bit more.

if they keep limiting the cars might as well all be in ford mondeos and be done with it

Speed limiter, rev limiters, fuel limiters etc.
I thought it was supposed to be a race, usually in a race the idea is to go as fast as possible.

Sponsored Links
Back