Can't wait to get out of this office job!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been working for my County Council now for five years on rubbish pay and very long days due to travelling and I've finally pulled my finger out to do a job I really like.

Last year I completed my Level 2 City & Guilds Heating and Ventillation course and I am now looking for an apprentice type plumbing job whilst still at college doing my level 3 City & Guilds.

It's going to be a bit of a job finding someone to take me on as I won't be a proper apprentice, but again it might be a bit more comforting to some employers that I'm paying for my training myself. Hopefully it will stop the worry that I'll pack up and leave as soon as I've got what I want from them, as they're not actually shelling out for my training.

I just can't wait to actually get out there and start doing a job that I really want to do! I can finally start to imagine leaving this bloody office!

Sponsored Links
and in the man time why not set your self up as a plumber ( no qualifications needed ) to do it ( some say )

it isnt gas it isnt electrical so go on get them plumbing jobs in advertise in your local rag

but BUT your going to have a first hand experience of the things called CUSTOMERS

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHA

MattLaw said:
I've been working for my County Council now for five years on rubbish pay

I apologise for bringing politics in, but isn't it interesting that despite the massive increases in council tax, council employees are still on rubbish pay? :mad: All because of this policy of "If we transfer the cost of x, y and z over to the local governments, billions of pounds will instantly appear from nowhere"... forgetting that someone still has to pay the council tax :LOL:

Anyway, good luck with it all.

Sponsored Links
Yes, council employees have always been underpaid, especially so in Cambridgeshire.

I'm trying to get a few private jobs through people I know for a starter so I can get a bit more hands on experience, and when I've got the confidence I will advertise locally for some other work, it's a whole new ballpark for me but I think I'll really enjoy it.

MattLaw said:
Yes, council employees have always been underpaid, especially so in Cambridgeshire.

I'm trying to get a few private jobs through people I know for a starter so I can get a bit more hands on experience, and when I've got the confidence I will advertise locally for some other work, it's a whole new ballpark for me but I think I'll really enjoy it.
Matt Law.Private investigator has a good ring to it :LOL: Good Luck anyway.aim to retire@50 and put loads into your pension plan until then ;)

good luck and enjoy it. its a steep learning curve and dont walk until you can run but you will never look back. best thing i ever did

MattLaw

good on you,............ you got your 2 City & Guilds Heating and Ventillation course,
did this cover sheet metal weathing ?

because I WAS the OLD C/G 4yr

I hear it being took down/dumbd ...

to NVQ 2, an 3 levels CLASS 1st.. still we in the industry want the work along side us ..
then it
Level 2 City & Guilds Heating and Ventillation course

etc is it been classed an even acceptted by iphe?

to me I would sh*t on you for months ,after that I would allow you to make the brew .. ;O)

Moz said:
MattLaw

good on you,............ you got your 2 City & Guilds Heating and Ventillation course,
did this cover sheet metal weathing ?

because I WAS the OLD C/G 4yr

I hear it being took down/dumbd ...

to NVQ 2, an 3 levels CLASS 1st.. still we in the industry want the work along side us ..
then it
Level 2 City & Guilds Heating and Ventillation course

etc is it been classed an even acceptted by iphe?

to me I would sh*t on you for months ,after that I would allow you to make the brew .. ;O)

what about the 7 year apprenticeship and the jerneymen :LOL:

the same goes for the electrical trade, i could never understand how they could cram all that i learnt in my 5 year apprenticeship into 3 years?

they HAD to have left parts out! Both practical AND theory.

my plastering apprenticeship was 4 years and there trying to cram it in in a week or 2 weekends :eek: also plumbing, decorating and bricklaying. all for as little as £260 and you get a bag of tools :eek: now these courses are not bad if you want to do a few jobs around the house but some of these guys are getting there vans signwritten at the end of the week :eek:

jbonding said:
my plastering apprenticeship was 4 years and there trying to cram it in in a week or 2 weekends

Jbonding i am sitting here cross legged and with my mouth stapled shut.

Do you realise how hard it is for me not to reply to your training? :LOL: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Freddie said:
jbonding said:
my plastering apprenticeship was 4 years and there trying to cram it in in a week or 2 weekends

Jbonding i am sitting here cross legged and with my mouth stapled shut.

Do you realise how hard it is for me not to reply to your training? :LOL: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

whatever turns you on freddie, but its not my idea of a good night getting your mouth stapled shut sat on a chair with your legs crossed with whatever stuck up your arse but everyone to their own, it must be getting cold in the shed hay freddie but theres probably a big demand for fire surrounds this time of year :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

My secrets out--what i do with a tube of evostick pva glue on a chilly November night :D

Sponsored Links
Back