Wages overpayment

Maybe start at say £30 a month as there will likely be negotiation and iff you start at 52 you have no where to go but at £30 you could go up to say £45 so they can feel they have made progress on that point you have to let them think they are getting the best in the situation
i wouldn't specifically say what health problems, just health problems that prevent-----

and appart from tax and nic you also have the possible pension contributions and holiday pay entitlement may have been more and they may try to claw back any difference

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Offer to repay on the basis of what you feel you can afford not the rate at which you were overpaid. And as said earlier emphasise the hardship element brought about by the employers mistake.

Good luck

Blup

They should also make a contribution because its their mistake, not yours!
Dont offer anything until they say how they propose to claim it back, their offer may be lower than what you are anticipating. Then you tell them about the hardships you will incur and make your counter proposal of whatever you feel is right.

They should also make a contribution because its their mistake, not yours!
Dont offer anything until they say how they propose to claim it back, their offer may be lower than what you are anticipating. Then you tell them about the hardships you will incur and make your counter proposal of whatever you feel is right.
yes i had that though but wondered what possible damage any small amount may cause to a man in need off a refference ??

Sponsored Links
Listen to what they have to say first and how they intend to recover the money.
Don't be the first to offer a solution.
Stay calm and don't point fingers.
As you genuinely thought that was part of your pay and there's no clear indication of how much you should be paid, you have absolutely no fault in this.
If they try to accuse you of knowing about the overpayment, remain calm and explain why you didn't think it was a mistake.
Key point: remain calm and don't accuse anyone.
Don't say things like: payroll guy has made a mistake.
Instead say: there's been a mistake somewhere.

I work for a massive organisation and we used to have pay slips rather than a pdf delivered by email.
Our payslips never actually said what our salary was.

On occasion I rang HR and asked my salary and the best they could do was to say " multiply your monthly payment by 12" which obviously gives what I get paid, but not what it should be. Nobody could understand my point.

Back