F14 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Just got back from hols and my boiler is playing up.
All works but the CH side of things which is fine on it's own when run with the hot water gives the error f14.
I have tried with the CH off on the boiler but the F14 still comes up after a minute or so.
Any ideas, as this makes no sense to me as I could understand it if the CH wasn't working but it is fine on it's own.
Cheers.
Mark

Sponsored Links
If its one of them rectangular shaped ones and is fastened to the wall with 5 or 6 copper pipes coming out of the bottom then you have a fault with the hot water, this will show as fault code F14.

MAKE AND MODEL :idea: :idea: :idea:

:rolleyes:

Sorry bit jet lagged.
It is a Glow worm cxi 30 about 2 1/2 years old.
Thanks.
Mark

In that case its a fault with the gas valve :confused:

Confusing as you say heating is ok, which would point to a faulty PCB, this fault must only be evident on the hot water side :confused: :confused:

Seems your going to need a good engineer, or do you have an extended warranty.

;)

Sponsored Links
ugger.
Was hoping it would be simple.
Having read a lot on here regarding the 30 cxi being less than good, am I better getting a new valliant or have the repared, not one for throwing good money after bad.
No I didn't buy this boiler it was here when we purchased the house.
Cheers.
Mark

The dicision to replace as got to be down to you Mark.

If you do replace fit the Valliant EcoTec Plus 831:cool:

;)

Thanks.
Don't really want to throw manoey away unless I have to but on the other hand I dont want to get this fixed at god only knows what cost only to have it happen in a few months.
Any ideas on repair cost, never had to get anything repaired like this so don't know what to expect.
Cheers.
Mark

Guesstimate about £300 ish, PCB £150/£200 plus labour.

Certainly cheaper to repair than replace.

;)

Thanks.
I will think tonight and bite whichever bullet tomorrow.
Next problem will be to find a plumber always scared not knowing people.
I realise not all of you are bad ones but the dodgy few do put doubts in the mind which brands most.
Wrong I know and don't take offence from that just been ripped off one toomany times in life.
Cheers again.
Mark

Thanks.
I am in weymouth.
Will get someone local to me.
Thanks again.
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back