F16 fighter jets

If the Ukes get somewhere near parity in the air, and start laying cluster munitions on top of Russian trenches, the Russkies will walk away in hundreds/thousands. The Ukes won't.
parity with 16 f16`s .

Sponsored Links
What you said about tanks is not true. Far from it. They have been unable/unwilling to use them fully because of the Russian defences/minefields. I'd be curious to know where you heard that?
I heard that from their begging. If they had loads of tanks, they wouldn't be begging for more tanks.

The F16s will be used as missile trucks and to kill helicopters. There's too much high quality SAM threat to use any aircraft over the front lines and Ukraine doesn't have and won't have stealth or enough munitions or platforms to effectively suppress it.

But being able to dash in and swat close air support fire from helicopters would save Ukrainian lives. As would opening up the use of Maverick missiles, which are similar to our Brimstone missiles.

Did you mean same way stalin took finland?
No.
What I mean is a war of attrition can end in victory without the need to take the capital city of said country. You seemed to imply that it was essential to win a war. Wrong.

Sponsored Links
No.
What I mean is a war of attrition can end in victory without the need to take the capital city of said country. You seemed to imply that it was essential to win a war. Wrong.
All you are saying is you can win war by losing land, like sweden did.

I heard that from their begging. If they had loads of tanks, they wouldn't be begging for more tanks.
Call it what you want, they're trying to get tanks to defend their country.

However, it's not necessarily due to a shortage.

In fact, it's much closer to parity with the Russians in terms of MBTs in Ukraine. But let's not be coy, every country in the world would take more tanks if possible. Especially if you're at war. Think WW2, both the UK and Russia were using American tanks in huge quantities.

Ukraine is right to ask for anything and everything they can get.

Ukraine persistently degraded Russian logistics to extreme effect and gained great successes
What great successes have they gained.
The Russians are still sitting there waiting for their next move.

The F16s will be used as missile trucks and to kill helicopters. There's too much high quality SAM threat to use any aircraft over the front lines and Ukraine doesn't have and won't have stealth or enough munitions or platforms to effectively suppress it.

But being able to dash in and swat close air support fire from helicopters would save Ukrainian lives. As would opening up the use of Maverick missiles, which are similar to our Brimstone missiles.
They will still need boots on the ground to occupy territory.
That is when the Ukranian army becomes vulnerable.
You can't win wars with air support only.

They will still need boots on the ground to occupy territory.
That is when the Ukranian army becomes vulnerable.
You can't win wars with air support only.
True, right now they're holding on and arguably winning with boots on the ground but a massive shortage of planes in the air. This helps fill that gap.

A long war favours Ukraine, Russia's economy is suffering and the West's is strengthening.

The Russian's only have 110+ SU-35's and a number of other multiroles. Interestingly it seems it can use thrust vectoring as per eurofighters

These muiltirole aircraft can also launch air to surface missile /cruise missiles.

Helicopters?? - wonder why the USA gave the taliban stingers.

Sponsored Links
Back