Facebook

For me, I will look on google earth, make sure you look like a builder/electrician/plumber (van outside etc) before i contact you.
You won't be contacting many people then.
If you look at my house on Google Earth there are no vehicles outside the house, driveway is totally empty.
This is simply because when the Google car went past, I happened to be out working. Probably find that's the case for most other people as well.

In fact, if there was a van or whatever parked outside during the day, that could indicate they have no customers because they are rubbish and therefore not the sort you would want to be using anyway.

Or did you think that Google Earth is updated in real time?

Yellow pages and all that = colossal waste of money. Would be more effective to take 2k in £5 notes, write your details on them and throw them down the middle of your local shopping centre on a Saturday lunchtime.

Sponsored Links
nice to know mister d

any pointers on how to use titter and fagbook for selling...
Hi There,
the idea is that you get more exposure as a business by using social networking sites like Twitter and facebook. If you have a website you need to link your facebook and and twitter account to it in order to get more people to know about you and promote your business, its also a good way to tell prospective customers about special offers or services you want to shout about.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone here use facebook to sell items or promote their business..?

I have a appliance repair business and would like more local customers... would facebook work , is it expensive...

Many thanx in advance,

Hi,

In my opinion you'd be better off spending the money on Google Adwords, Facebook is a great marketing toy but only for campaigns where you're audience are seeking entertainment, shows, games or gimmicks etc. For utilities and home repairs most will instead turn to Google and a search.

Adwords requires you to bid for your phrase/keywords so be prepared to try and outbid your competitors for phrases such as 'electricians in Chippenham' for instance.

Even better of course is a well performing website, decent meta-tagging and avoiding the amateur look that many traditional 'service' websites have.

I really wouldn't bother with Facebook marketing, its far too hit and miss, even if you do specifically narrow down the target audience.

My background coincidently is web marketing and development.

I use FB & twitter, not so much for selling or gaining work directly from there. Rather I use them to publicise my webpage & blogs.

I agree about adwords, used properly in conjunction with a well made website, some decent SEO work and google analytics to track whats happening you can really increase traffic to your webpage & or your other revenue streams.

Good luck.

Back