Facemasks - which law?

Sponsored Links
sad thing is, we should not need a law to make people want to wear masks.

Don't think there is a law about wearing shoes, or a hat on a sunny day if you're bald, but most people do so because it's bloody daft not to!

Sponsored Links
I went outside with no shoes on one of those hot days this summer, big mistake. Only just got back inside before my skin was grilled on the slate stones.

But if you have a 20mph limit most people will probably do 30...

If you have a 30mph limit most people will probably do 40...

The way it seems to work in practise is that if they ignore the 20, they might as well do well over the limit, like 40. Those who ignore the 20 might have accepted the 30 and done 30.

Don't think there is a law about wearing shoes, or a hat on a sunny day if you're bald, but most people do so because it's bloody daft not to!
It's not illegal to wear no clothes in public, but most people do!

Aren't 20mph speed limits only allowed where there are also restrictions like chicanes or speed bumps - or have they done away with that so they can impose the limits anywhere they want?

Aren't 20mph speed limits only allowed where there are also restrictions like chicanes or speed bumps - or have they done away with that so they can impose the limits anywhere they want?

There's a stretch near Tamworth of 20mph where there are no chicanes, and I don't recall any speed bumps either.
Just a normal bit of road. I just presumed there was a school along there somewhere.

There are two types of 20mph limit. A 20mph zone which must be reinforced (humps etc) and a 20mph limit, which must have repeaters. Lots of fake 20mph limits about. I've always had the view that these are unenforceable too. Certainly when they were installed.. I'm a bit out of touch now and am aware it all changed in 2016.

Roger-Penny-Way-speed-Hants-police-CROPPED-BRIGHTENED-e1574161600478.jpg

On the face mask thing, I think it gives people a false sense of security, whereas previously we all kept our distance. IMO they should be mandatory only where you cannot keep your distance.

On the face mask thing, I think it gives people a false sense of security, whereas previously we all kept our distance. IMO they should be mandatory only where you cannot keep your distance.

Which it pretty much is the case - buses, in shops. Exceptions are pubs and restaurants, but you can hardly eat or drink wearing a mask.

There are two types of 20mph limit. A 20mph zone which must be reinforced (humps etc) and a 20mph limit, which must have repeaters. Lots of fake 20mph limits about. I've always had the view that these are unenforceable too. Certainly when they were installed.. I'm a bit out of touch now and am aware it all changed in 2016.

Roger-Penny-Way-speed-Hants-police-CROPPED-BRIGHTENED-e1574161600478.jpg

And a good speed limit that is..........https://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/new-forest-speed

both cannot be true.
So who is going to enforce the wearing of masks?

But if someone is actually prosecuted (probably as an example), then there can be a challenge to a law that may not be legal...

So both are actually true...

But borisconi has done yet another u-turn and said that masks should be worn in schools...

Is that the law, or merely a decree, or 'guidance'?

And how does it differ from 'mask policy' elsewhere?

Sponsored Links
Back