failed lead loc

I would still write and say your insurance man insist on seeing the damage.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for replies, the job was done for a large diy store as a contract job I have since stopped contracting for them. they are saying they have been and repaired the bathroom. it is the store that are billing me for the work without letting me assess the fault first as I no longer work for them.
Sounds like the same sort of scam builders and contractors use to avoid having to pay the percentage the withhold each week from the cheque to the subcontractor.
Suddenly when you leave because you realise you are being shafted, they had to make some repairs on work you did.

I have a lot of sympathy. Philmac couplers do work better. That said i had a leadloc that was tight when i left weep in the morning....possible mains pressure rise overnight?? Usually it will leak immediately because the lead isn't files round enough etc but when tight apart from one never had any issues.

Cheers all sounds I agree with you think they maybe trying it a little will insist on evidence before going any further, cheers all

Sponsored Links
Just to update and thank those for advice, After doing a little checking and silly mistakes by claiment turns out the joint that failed was not mine and was a old joint under a tiled floor, cheers again for advice :D

Just to update and thank those for advice, After doing a little checking and silly mistakes by claiment turns out the joint that failed was not mine and was a old joint under a tiled floor, cheers again for advice :D

Well I hope you billed them for the extra labour costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back