Fair price for a partial rewire of a 1 bed flat

If you had not yet started on this work, it might be worthwhile to ask these questions.

At this point, the work has been done. I don't think it makes any sense to go back and change anything now. If, for example, those fans don't last very long then you can replace them with something else (which may or may not last longer) at that point.

I have to wonder why you are now asking these questions, and asking about whether it is a "rip off". Has the electrician done something to lose your trust?

Sponsored Links
If you had not yet started on this work, it might be worthwhile to ask these questions.

At this point, the work has been done. I don't think it makes any sense to go back and change anything now. If, for example, those fans don't last very long then you can replace them with something else (which may or may not last longer) at that point.

I have to wonder why you are now asking these questions, and asking about whether it is a "rip off". Has the electrician done something to lose your trust?

Thanks for the advice, really helpful.

It actually proved worthwhile asking these questions as the electrician was really understanding and I got the bathroom fan changed for a more suitable one - one that was suggested on this forum. It was easy enough for him to replace and better suited our needs as it has a timer.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-x...an/15927#product_additional_details_container

Thanks everyone for all the constructive suggestions and advice.

One thing that puzzled both me and the electrician was the very unhelpful design of the humidstat fan (airvent),which turns out to be quite common apparently.

It has a pullcord if you want to change between 'continous on' or 'humidity activated on', but no way of telling which one it is on unless you wait for hours (actually just over an hour) to see if it eventually switches itself off. Why do they not have a simple, clear switch to let you know which setting you have selected?!

I assumed if you selected 'continuous on' setting that it would switch off as soon as you switched it back to 'humidity activated on' setting (assuming it was in a low humidity environment). It doesn't, it seems to take ages (gave up after 20 mins) to switch the fan off.

Not sure if this is just part of an acclimatisation phase or normal operation. I can see my tenants getting pi$$ed off with the fan if this is normal operation!

Might just cut/hide the cord and leave it on 'humidity activated' setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back