False Alarms - Front Door Magnetic Contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sealed magnetic contact connected to the Accenta Gen4 on my wooden shed door, I replaced it with a sealed metal contact on previous advice near 2 years ago.

Previously I used the standard white plastic contacts and even tried a heavy duty contact for a gap that is always near enough touching.

Always the same after a year false alarms, now this new sealed contact has just given me a false alarm after near 2 years of working fine.

The door is wooden but locks in more than one place and the door doesn't move at all.

I don't understand what is causing it?

You may remember my previous thread some years ago.

Sponsored Links
20191002-123535.jpg

48VzvxF
YW117nM

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is there any movement / gap size in the door when the locks are on ?
How does the cable get from the alarm to the shed ?
From the photo contact and magnet look ok
You could try a heavy duty contact with a great gap tolerance

Is there any movement / gap size in the door when the locks are on ?
How does the cable get from the alarm to the shed ?
From the photo contact and magnet look ok
You could try a heavy duty contact with a great gap tolerance
Shed has its own system. I had a heavy duty contact before this one and the same fault after about 1 years use. And before that the white plastic standard contacts were the same, replaced several times. I can't think of any alternative. Could it be the panel? I can understand having false alarms with PIR's but not magnetic contacts. Wiring was all changed and tested on this one too.

I am no alarm expert, but have had two different kinds of wired door alarm fail. In both cases, on removal of the old sensor, it was corrosion of the wires caused by rain penetration. In your case I see a cable going downwards from the sensor, so water may be running down it, if there is a connector block or anything.

IIRC there is a magnetically operated reed switch, which should be sealed, but wires are connected to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back