"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

You need to actually put up a yale sensor - you don't even need an alarm system to go with it just a sensor it will cost you around £33.

Then you can come back to me and report whether the sensors go to sleep as soon as they detect movement.
They don't they detect for some period of time actually.

erm, the little LED coming on doesn`t mean they are transmitting.

hmm you have obviously never done a walk test with a yale panel then... They are one way devices yep the sensors . . you agree with that. So why when walk testing the system does the control panel pick them up transmitting when the red light flashes? Why is it some time and many activations before the sensors actually go to sleep. Come on it really is about time one of you professionals did a test install of a yale system and reported back with some proper findings.

Sponsored Links
Come on it really is about time one of you professionals did a test install of a yale system and reported back with some proper findings.

I`m a busy man, why dont you post up some manf. data?

how long after first activation the sensor stays active maybe?

how many activations before the unit does go to sleep?

relative frequency of the above?

RSSI threshold? (you keep ignoring this one - so we`ll come back to it in a bit)

that kind of thing, if I was selling a product with such unique features, I would be making a bigger thing of it in the trade than Yale do, or does it keep transmitting because they can`t guarantee the first signal getting through (threshold again!)

I do find it odd that YG3 can state the manufacturer has got it wrong regarding their explanation of how the product works yet by his own words, has no idea himself how the product operates, other than "it just does".

I do find it odd that YG3 can state the manufacturer has got it wrong regarding their explanation of how the product works yet by his own words, has no idea himself how the product operates, other than "it just does".
Possibly Yale have changed the spec without reprinting the manuals. Who knows all I know is how they behave in the field.

Sponsored Links
I am more than happy to go with the properly explained statistic that 84% of burglars avoid homes with alarms.
But the important statistic is how many burglaries are committed by the 16% who are not frightened off by an alarm box on the wall. You may think that is splitting hairs but Home Office Advice is that in the matter of home burglaries a burglar alarm is a mild deterant but not protection against the smash in, grab what is loose and then run type of burglary. Even the best professional alarms are no protection there.

I am more than happy to go with the properly explained statistic that 84% of burglars avoid homes with alarms.
But the important statistic is how many burglaries are committed by the 16% who are not frightened off by an alarm box on the wall. You may think that is splitting hairs but Home Office Advice is that in the matter of home burglaries a burglar alarm is a mild deterant but not protection against the smash in, grab what is loose and then run type of burglary. Even the best professional alarms are no protection there.

Of course an alarm is a deterent but strange thing human behaviour.
I install safes too nice police approved safes and for less money than an alarm you could have your valuables , laptops , jewellery, documents , watches , money ,memory sticks etc etc protected in such a way that it would take hours to break in to the safes and yet you can barely sell them as basically people are lazy and an alarm is a lazy way to protect your property.

However it does give you a better than avereage chance of not being burgled in the first place and that is why people have them.

Of course an alarm is a deterent but strange thing human behaviour.
I install safes too nice police approved safes and for less money than an alarm you could have your valuables , laptops , jewellery, documents , watches , money ,memory sticks etc etc protected in such a way that it would take hours to break in to the safes and yet you can barely sell them as basically people are lazy and an alarm is a lazy way to protect your property.

However it does give you a better than avereage chance of not being burgled in the first place and that is why people have them.

Would a safe like this raise the tie up robbery rate?

In your average home I doubt it.

Tie up robberies are for wealthy victims where the pros and cons of armed robbery - kidnap - torture etc are weighed against the potential value of the haul.

Of course there are instances where people have been murdered for the price of a bus ticket but statistically I would suggest it would not increase the tie up robbery rate , rather it would simply reduce the amount of valuables thieves are able to make off with.

I am a bit dissapointed that the 'tie up robbery' threat was immediately mentioned. I would hope that is not a sales line used by alarm companies to justify alarm systems over physical security.

Tie up robberies are for wealthy victims where the pros and cons of armed robbery - kidnap - torture etc are weighed against the potential value of the haul.

Of course there are instances where people have been murdered for the price of a bus ticket but statistically I would suggest it would not increase the tie up robbery rate , rather it would simply reduce the amount of valuables thieves are able to make off with.

I am a bit dissapointed that the 'tie up robbery' threat was immediately mentioned. I would hope that is not a sales line used by alarm companies to justify alarm systems over physical security.

Please try and make the effort and point out that your ramblings are nothing more than opinion and generalisations.

As for your concern re Tie up robberies.
You really do need to reign in your imagination...and try do even a basic background check.
Peaps is not exactly a fully paid up member of the security installation sector.

Please try and make the effort and point out that your ramblings are nothing more than opinion and generalisations.

As for your concern re Tie up robberies.
You really do need to reign in your imagination...and try do even a basic background check.
Peaps is not exactly a fully paid up member of the security installation sector.

Not a thief either. I just though that if people could afford a safe big enough to fit all the items mentioned then they have a bit of cash.

but the local snack heads would see a save rolled in to the house and on their next rattle will think Mmmm.

I was robbed 10 years ago because two local smack heads knew I had just had a safe fitted. Didn't get anything out of us but I was stabbed a few times, went for the wife and I got in the way, as you would.

and these cheap alams are ignored!

Not a thief either. I just though that if people could afford a safe big enough to fit all the items mentioned then they have a bit of cash.

but the local snack heads would see a save rolled in to the house and on their next rattle will think Mmmm.

I was robbed 10 years ago because two local smack heads knew I had just had a safe fitted. Didn't get anything out of us but I was stabbed a few times, went for the wife and I got in the way, as you would.

and these cheap alams are ignored!
Nor was any comment made to suggest that you were.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back