false alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on occasional false alarms which i think are caused by insects on or in PIR,s.
The system has 6 pir's and 2 magnetic contacts. System age 15yrs+. I believe that there may be more sophisticated sensors available now which are less susceptible to false alarms.
System is an old AJ600 which has worked well for years.
Thanks for any help
Regards

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise on occasional false on or in PIR,s.
Regards
'On', unlikely, 'in', a dead cert.

Each detector should be sealed, best thing is Blutac, on the inside of each detector over all screw mounting holes & most important of all the cable entry point.

I do not agree.

Most pirs have the actual sensor "sealed in" so any insects can not get in. So any extra sealing method is not worth it.

Also for an insect to get into a detector they often start by walking across the detector face, so again sealing it is of little use. (insects do not go directly to the cable entry hole)

Duel technology devices having "2 sensors" often means it needs a very big insect to be able to move infront of both sensors at the same time, and since in the U.K. we don't have that many really big insects (do we?) duel technology detectors false alarm less.

You may also want to try the vapona fly killer stickers, stick a piece under each pir. The old vapona solid fly killers were best, but are no longer available

Very old Pirs have been known to become unstable and false alarm due to age.

Somehow I just knew that something like this post of yours would be your reaction.

You obviously have not read and understood the original post.

Do you actually have any experience with alarm systems, or is all your ‘knowledge’, and I use the word loosely, selected snippets from other people’s posts that you have collected?

I’m not even going to pull to pieces what you have written, waste of my time.

Please don’t comment on any of my posts again and I’ll afford you the same courtesy.

Sponsored Links
Also for an insect to get into a detector they often start by walking across the detector face, so again sealing it is of little use. (insects do not go directly to the cable entry hole)

And you got the above evidence from where exactly???

I do not agree.

Most pirs have the actual sensor "sealed in" so any insects can not get in. So any extra sealing method is not worth it.

Duel technology devices having "2 sensors" often means it needs a very big insect to be able to move infront of both sensors at the same time, and since in the U.K. we don't have that many really big insects (do we?) duel technology detectors false alarm less.

You may also want to try the vapona fly killer stickers, stick a piece under each pir. The old vapona solid fly killers were best, but are no longer available

Very old Pirs have been known to become unstable and false alarm due to age.

you dont half post some ill informed drivel.

O/P - might be a good idea if the systems never been serviced to start with a new battery and go from there.

And you got the above evidence from where exactly???

I have observed insects do this. I used
13_eye_cx.gif

an insect does not know what a detector is, flies land on them and walk over them, spiders seem to come at them from the sides then walk over them and ...............into the cable entry, or make a web behind / below the detector.

in either case if the alarm was set it would have gone off.

I also do not make a habbit of sitting watching, i just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see it happen

Hi whistle, it appears thunder bugs have never been seen or heard of.

That is your opinion.

I also point out

europlex said "hey whistle"

and "youtekkinthepish" replies, come now europlex, if you are going to make out you are 3 people at least remember who you logged in as

And we now have an expert in insect behaviour. Because he saw it once.
God help us all.

That is your opinion.

I also point out

and "youtekkinthepish" replies, come now europlex, if you are going to make out you are 3 people at least remember who you logged in as

Breezer,
You really do need to get out more.

That is your opinion.

I also point out

And we now have an expert in insect behaviour. Because he saw it once.
God help us all.

you actually are that paraniod?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back