False Ceiling in Garage

DSC_0038.JPG

Sponsored Links
Hi SFK,

Thanks for your advise back in November, I've now hung joists (CLS 38x63mm) with mini hangers and fixed plaster board to give quite a good level ceiling.

I just need to tape and fill the plaster board on the ceiling and paint, I don't think I'm up to skimming.

The visible CLS (89x38) in the foreground will form the top plate of the stud wall, which will be constructed of the same CLS and boarded with 9mm plasterboard. I'm going to add a door using a 108mm deep door frame kit, so it should fit okay (for a painted finish).

Do you know what prep for painting plasterboard requires, some say PVA or diluted emulsion?

Kind Regards
Jon

Sponsored Links
Looks great and glad all went well.
I always go fo I always go for diluted emulsion.
PVA can leave a thin skin if put on too thick (in my opinion)
Sfk

Thinking about it again....... you have not skimmed the plasterboard, which is what my "use diluted emulsion" advice is for. So you are painting straight onto the paper coated (virgin) plasterboard. Sorry to say that I have no experience with that, but would GUESS that you can perhaps paint straight on it with emulsion as if it was wallpaper. Worst case, for first coat dilute the emulsion a bit and then you cover both bases (Either way do not use PVA).
Sorry to be less helpful on this.

Link here to PVA vs Mist Coat. Mist Coat wins.
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/no-nonsense-matt-emulsion-vs-bare-plaster-paint.475385/
SFK

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back