Family lose housing benefit for 'shrine room'

the common sense answer is see them in person explain the situation give them say 6 months or a year to grieve and get used to the idea give them positive help to help them accept what will happen but in a sympathetic way and see how they cope
after all we need to look at the whole picture would the £12 a week be good value if it meant many doctors or hospital appointment heavy medication
any amount off counselling or home help
any time off work

its the whole picture that needs looking at people are not just statistics the are human with needs

I'm sorry but why should it be the job of the state to do all this, it's a bureaucratic machine, always has been, always will be.

How many dead bodies in communists states do we need until this lesson is driven home.

As that evil bitch maggie reminded us, it's up to us to look after each other.

Council housing exists to put people in rooms, nothing more.

Sponsored Links
It is fair enough. OK If these people want a "shrine" to their daughter, let them create one somewhere else. If everyone who'd ever lived had followed their example, there would now be no rooms anywhere for anyone to live in. they'd all be fookin shrines.
: ;)
I slept in my Great Nan`s bed after she`d gone - it did traumatise me ( I was about eight) I kind of agree with the idea that stuff should be destroyed after someone dies , like certain itinerant peoples do ;)

Sponsored Links
the common sense answer is see them in person explain the situation give them say 6 months or a year to grieve and get used to the idea give them positive help to help them accept what will happen but in a sympathetic way and see how they cope
after all we need to look at the whole picture would the £12 a week be good value if it meant many doctors or hospital appointment heavy medication
any amount off counselling or home help
any time off work

its the whole picture that needs looking at people are not just statistics the are human with needs

I'm sorry but why should it be the job of the state to do all this, it's a bureaucratic machine, always has been, always will be.

How many dead bodies in communists states do we need until this lesson is driven home.

As that evil **** maggie reminded us, it's up to us to look after each other.

Council housing exists to put people in rooms, nothing more.

its the system we have wether we like it or not i am not condoning or condemning the system i am just trying to put some compassion and point out some off the side effects as its far more than just money versus rights

i wonder how many people know council tenants can already rent out a room for something like £70 a week without affecting there benifits

its the system we have wether we like it or not i am not condoning or condemning the system i am just trying to put some compassion and point out some off the side effects as its far more than just money versus rights

Still don't get it do you.

Systems are not and won't ever be compassionate, every time the government tries to make it so it ends up with more layers of bureaucracy, waste, and more not less welfare dependency.

Their young daughter lost her fight to cancer january last year. The council have now informed them that they will have to move to a smaller home, or make up the shortfall in housing benefit.

They should think themselves lucky that they're not going to have to take in some Romas and Bulgars next year!

Wait a minute... we have a spare bedroom! :eek:

Systems are not and won't ever be compassionate, every time the government tries to make it so it ends up with more layers of bureaucracy, waste, and more not less welfare dependency.
i disagree
the housing department is run by human being who have guidelines to follow but they do have flexibility so perhaps your comment about more legislation is not applicable

Their young daughter lost her fight to cancer january last year. The council have now informed them that they will have to move to a smaller home, or make up the shortfall in housing benefit.

They should think themselves lucky that they're not going to have to take in some Romas and Bulgars next year!

Wait a minute... we have a spare bedroom! :eek:
Funny you should say that - I was saying the same thing a week ago,

Every empty home should be filled with immigrants before placing them in our spare bedrooms. It will save the time and expense of fitting an alarm system.

i disagree
the housing department is run by human being who have guidelines to follow but they do have flexibility so perhaps your comment about more legislation is not applicable[/quote]

Will you please re-read what I said.

having to move to another smaller property possibly several miles away may split up families and communities

How exactly is making them move into a 2 bed house when they have no further need of a 3 bed house, going to split them up ?? Bit of a logic fail there BA.

Sponsored Links
Back