Bedroom Tax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It only applies to council and housing association tenants, why not those in private rented accommodation as well ?

They save more in benefit at a stroke because of the higher housing benefit that's paid to people in private rented accomodation !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...droom-tax-force-pensioners-smaller-homes.html

It would free up housing ! really and where is all the single bedroom accommodation coming from ?

Sponsored Links
I don't know where all of the single bed accommodation is going to come from. Round here, it all seems to be the 25-35 yr olds getting the one bed flats, designated for over 55's.

I don't know where all of the single bed accommodation is going to come from. Round here, it all seems to be the 25-35 yr olds getting the one bed flats, designated for over 55's.

Exactly what's going on at my mothers pension flats, and they are attracting junkies,and/or are getting smashed up.

And now the families, previously stuck in overcrowded flats or hostels, can have somewhere more suitable to live.

Don't think that every single person is moving out of their house or flat because of the new rules, because that is not happening

Sponsored Links
Its not quite as simple as meets the eye, what about the divorced dad, who has lost his paid for by himself house, who then has to live in a flat, thus not enabling him to have his kids stay over at the weekend?

Its not quite as simple as meets the eye, what about the divorced dad, who has lost his paid for by himself house, who then has to live in a flat, thus not enabling him to have his kids stay over at the weekend?

he will be ok if he isnt in a council or housing association property....

(which you arent)

He could get a bigger flat or put a camping mattress in the lounge. Kids don't care.

It only applies to council and housing association tenants, why not those in private rented accommodation as well ?

People in private rented accommodation do pay for all the rooms and often 2x or 3x the council house rate.

What planet are you living on?

Also LOL that you have to create a new thread as you couldn't get people to agree with you in the other one.

They save more in benefit at a stroke because of the higher housing benefit that's paid to people in private rented accomodation !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...droom-tax-force-pensioners-smaller-homes.html

It would free up housing ! really and where is all the single bedroom accommodation coming from ?

Have i got this right? People staying in private accommodation are better off as they are able to claim more than your mate in a council property?

Have i got this right? People staying in private accommodation are better off as they are able to claim more than your mate in a council property?
Actually I think you'll find that the private land/slum lords are the ones that are better off... ;)

Actually I think you'll find that the private land/slum lords are the ones that are better off... ;)

That's me!! However here in Bristol, if your property isn't up to scratch, you'll not get top dollar for it.

Thats me!! However here in Bristol, if your property isn't up to scratch, you'll not get top dollor for it.
Or even get a literate slumlord it appears... ;)

That's me!! However here in Bristol, if your property isn't up to scratch, you'll not get top dollar for it.
Or even get a literate slumlord it appears... ;)

Who's ilitterr8.. that's slander i'll have yu no,

Handbags at dawn sir.. :p

Sponsored Links
Back