Family lose housing benefit for 'shrine room'

Still don't get it do you.

Systems are not and won't ever be compassionate, every time the government tries to make it so it ends up with more layers of bureaucracy, waste, and more not less welfare dependency.
i disagree
the housing department is run by human being who have guidelines to follow but they do have flexibility so perhaps your comment about more legislation is not applicable

Will you please re-read what I said.[/quote]

ok you seem to be making a different point to me
i have pointed a few things out
you have extrapolated a very different point with completly different emphasis to my point :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Still don't get it do you.

Systems are not and won't ever be compassionate, every time the government tries to make it so it ends up with more layers of bureaucracy, waste, and more not less welfare dependency.
i disagree
the housing department is run by human being who have guidelines to follow but they do have flexibility so perhaps your comment about more legislation is not applicable

Will you please re-read what I said.

ok you seem to be making a different point to me
i have pointed a few things out
you have extrapolated a very different point with completly different emphasis to my point :LOL:[/quote]

Not really, making people welfare dependant is cruel.

yes i will agree on that point
part off the problem is they use benefits as tool for the wrong use
its used to boost income in low paid jobs to subsidize profits
its used to help middle bracket families [40-60k] with child care costs
its used to help massage the unemployment figures
its used to bribe the electorate at voting time

I am fundamentally against social tenants being able to live in housing that is far too big for their needs or far too expensive. I've had close contact with people (singles and two person) living in fabulous 3 and 4 bedroom properties in the premier parts of town for rents so stupidly small it's hard to believe. I was a surveyor carrying out major works to these properties installing new kitchens, new bathrooms, re-roofing, sound insulation, heating systems, the lot. Because most of these properties were listed these works cost an absolute fortune. And the reaction when housing officers attempted to increase rents by about five quid a month to help offset some of these costs (yeah, payback period of about five hundred years there) you would think they'd just murdered their children.

So make no mistake, there is no question in my mind that this is such a massive issue costing billions of taxpayers dosh that it must be resolved. But at the same time I don't see this new system being workable for a long time. There simply are not the one and two bed properties to enable all the transfers. Part of the answer might be in converting some properties to make them more eficient. Many of those properties I referred to above could easily be divided from 3 and 4 beds to 2 beds or 1 beds in some cases. That would also enable some people to stay where they have lived for years and brought up families. Although the costs would be massive again - so no easy answers.

But for all those bleating on about victimising the poor, I'm afriad you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the pot has run dry and overstressed taxpayers are just not prepared to keep on topping it up.

Sponsored Links
The brown stuff hasn't hit the spinny thing yet.

We are still borrowing over 10 billion quid a month and there's not sign of it stopping - never mind getting paid back.

When our Triple A rating starts to fall as it becomes obvious that we will never pay it back, then that is when the tough times will start.

We are still living in La-la land at the moment.

Fair enough.

Kid's been dead a full year, how long should the taxpayer be expected to fund their empty room for?

I'd guess you had had a drink or 2 when you made this post.
At times like that- we can all say silly things (me especially).

It's ok bud- but- at least say sorry .
Losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to anyone .

Now- cheer up and carry on as normal and learn from a easily made loose comment ..
Now back to the real business about talking about sooey huh ?. :cry:

Back