Famous people

I spent the day filming with nigel Farrell (minus Nippy) hes a nice bloke.
http://www.altculture.org/ccult/ccult424.html
he came over just the same as in the tv shows 'bumbling' :LOL:
nigelfarrell7ru.jpg

Sponsored Links
I used to be a roadie for the Utah Saints !!

Met 'em all when on stage crew - The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, Shane McGowan (truly an empty husk of a human), erm...... her out of M People, ummm...shared a taxi with the guitarist from All About Eve. Loads of 'em. !

Simon Mayo spoke to me in the toilets of Romford YMCA once :eek:

...Shane McGowan (truly an empty husk of a human).... :
looks as bright as a button to me :LOL:
I love the Pogues and if I was into hero worship Shane McGowan woulds be up at the top .

Sponsored Links
Ah - I love the Pogues too, but there was definitely nothing happening behind old Shane's face, and that was about ten years ago so god knows what he's like now....

joe-90 said:
Can't remember if we've done this one lately but have you ever met anyone famous?
I regular see Phil Jupitus as he's in my neighbourhood, nice family, Phil will talk to anyone and doesn't think himself as a celebrity status. My youngest son just finish doing his show from the backstage. Helen Mirren used to live near us, another one is Eastender barmaid Dawn Swann who still live with her parent live just behind me.

masona said:
joe-90 said:
Can't remember if we've done this one lately but have you ever met anyone famous?
I regular see Phil Jupitus as he's in my neighbourhood, nice family, Phil will talk to anyone and doesn't think himself as a celebrity status. My youngest son just finish doing his show from the backstage. Helen Mirren used to live near us, another one is Eastender barmaid Dawn Swann who still live with her parent live just behind me.
Helen Mirren is nice this picture is her with my daughter also called Helen from the film'when the whales came' 18yrs ago.
helen5kt.jpg

johnny_t said:
was you with them when they did their debut on TOTP?
I was working on that show, in Studio 1 if i remember right.

also when shane mcgowen was rehearsing with kirsty mccall on TOTP and nearly got kicked off the set by the producer for being drunk and disorderly took a severe telling off by kirsty in front of us all to make him see sense and get his act together.

kendor said:
johnny_t said:
was you with them when they did their debut on TOTP?
I was working on that show, in Studio 1 if i remember right.

also when shane mcgowen was rehearsing with kirsty mccall on TOTP and nearly got kicked off the set by the producer for being drunk and disorderly took a severe telling off by kirsty in front of us all to make him see sense and get his act together.

'Fraid not, but I remember my friend Olly putting together the TV Screen / logos show used for it on his Atari ST beforehand.

I was in the TOTP audience once, must have been around '91 I guess. Bryan Adams was no.1, and in the studio were De La Soul, Beverley Craven, Brand New Disciples and The Shamen (I was picked out as an exuberant dancer to go on the steps behind them). Nicky Campbell was presenting - What a spoon he was !! It was in TV Centre and was a great evening out - Walking back to reception afterwards (once you were in, you were in) I had the door held open for me by Wogan :eek: :eek:

You lot make me feel inadequate. The only famous person I ever saw that I hadn't paid to see was when I walked past Kate Bush in a motorway service station about 10 years ago.
She said Hi Pete and she ran over and gave me a kiss and then we.....oh no hang on a minute, I think I may be getting fact and fantasy a bit mixed up.

I've discovered a new claim to fame today....

Some years back, my Dad knew a racing car driver called Perry Macarthy who I have never ever heard of. My Dad did some work for him and partly in return, he gave my Dad a glass table, which I had until eventually selling it on eBay because I was sick of the finger marks on it.....

tableoc3.jpg

Anyway, today I was reading this.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

and it appears that for three years, I USED TO OWN THE STIG'S OLD TABLE.

I now declare myself the official winner of the famous people thread, and urge the moderator to lock it.

The new 'white Stig', is it Ben Collins??

Hey look, I don't mean to brag but does anyone remember Susan Hampshire? No, nor me but apparently she used to be famous. Anyway, her chauffeur's (temp. actually, he was only covering her proper driver's vacation) brother used to live in the same street as me in West Kensington! I know! Never met him though, and it was a long time ago, so please don't inundate me with autograph requests.

hermes said:
I propose that johnnyt is disqualified for posting a picture of an awful table.

Not according to some girl in Northallerton..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back